forum

I cant find tips to singletap ( i need help)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lazyRETRO
So recently i decided to switch my playstyles. I been full alt till 140k rank and realized that singletap is way better. So im giving month try to learn single tap but dont cant find any starter tips or tutorials how start single taping. Im trying play everything singletaping and when stream is incoming its hard for me top switch my fingers, i also dont know what patters i should single tap, and what to alt., i hope someone had same problem and can help me with learning this stuff.
Sorry for poor english :(
TakumiBoi
wth is wrong with alternating though?
illyTheKid

NewNq wrote:

...Im trying play everything singletaping and when stream is incoming its hard for me top switch my fingers, i also dont know what patters i should single tap, and what to alt., i hope someone had same problem and can help me with learning this stuff.

I'm not good at the game so take my advice with a grain of salt.
When I was around your rank I had same problem. I was alternating and single tapping, which was a mess. When I decided to go single tapping only my performance increased a lot. It became much easier to read as well since there were no 2nd thoughts to whether I should single tap or alternate.
For single tapping and streaming you want to practice burst streams and make sure that you ALWAYS start streams with your main finger. It would be perfect if you find maps that switch between bursts and single taps constantly. I don't remember many good maps for your rank but this https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/352570#osu/785982 is one of my all time favorites. Great for practicing single tapping and bursts.
As for when to alternate.. you should decide your single tapping speed limit. Let's say I can comfortably single tap 120 bpm. I will always single tap anything 120bpm or lower. But lets say a map is at 130bpm, and is clearly not a streaming map, I will probably not play it at all until I can actually single tap it. But some maps can be mostly 120bpm and have some triangles or squares that are faster than that, then I will alternate those.
Topic Starter
lazyRETRO

TakumiBoi wrote:

Its hard too keep good acc, i just keep overstreaming stuff, some patterns too diffucult tho. When beatmap changes speed its difucult to adapt and i just keep ruining acc or mising. For me singletaping seems better.
Since alt requires much more time to master i choose singletap because im too lazy :D
Juuuuuuuuul

NewNq wrote:

i also dont know what patters i should single tap, and what to alt.

You may try this :
for 4/4 rythm : 1/1 and 1/2 single tap. alt everything else.
for 3/4 rythm : 1/1 and 1/3 single tap. alt everything else.
Consider slider-ends as a note, that mean if from a slider-end to the next object, it's for exemple 1/4 alt it, if 1/2 single-tap it.

Remember that if the tempo (BPM) is fast enough, you'll have to go alt no matter the rythm.

exceptional case :

That's when in a 4/4 song you have to play 1/3 rythm.
Depending of the tempo, you can try to single-tap triplets.

There is nothing wrong with full alt, if you're comfortable with it, keep it.
Topic Starter
lazyRETRO

Juuuuuuuuul wrote:

NewNq wrote:

i also dont know what patters i should single tap, and what to alt.

You may try this :
for 4/4 rythm : 1/1 and 1/2 single tap. alt everything else.
for 3/4 rythm : 1/1 and 1/3 single tap. alt everything else.
Consider slider-ends as a note, that mean if from a slider-end to the next object, it's for exemple 1/4 alt it, if 1/2 single-tap it.

Remember that if the tempo (BPM) is fast enough, you'll have to go alt no matter the rythm.

exceptional case :

That's when in a 4/4 song you have to play 1/3 rythm.
Depending of the tempo, you can try to single-tap triplets.

There is nothing wrong with full alt, if you're comfortable with it, keep it.

Thanks For tips
Its Hard to be consistent as alternator, there why most higher tier players singletappers. Streams also seems easier as singletapper for some reason.
Almost
There's literally nothing wrong with playing full alt. Changing to single tapping will just give you a whole batch of different problems instead. I'm not going to try stopping you or anything since it's your choice but the way to learn single tapping is simply to just start single tapping. There's no guides on this simply because there's no need for there to be any guides. If you keep at it enough, you'll eventually get used to it. It just takes time.

In terms of what patterns to single tap and alternate, I don't think that really matters frankly. Most single tapper mains usually only switch to alt when the bpm becomes too high for them to single tap. I would suggest maybe alternating sliders though since I think there might be less of a chance you slider break alternating sliders compared to single tapping them.
ImmortalUltima

illyTheKid wrote:

NewNq wrote:

...Im trying play everything singletaping and when stream is incoming its hard for me top switch my fingers, i also dont know what patters i should single tap, and what to alt., i hope someone had same problem and can help me with learning this stuff.
I'm not good at the game so take my advice with a grain of salt.
When I was around your rank I had same problem. I was alternating and single tapping, which was a mess. When I decided to go single tapping only my performance increased a lot. It became much easier to read as well since there were no 2nd thoughts to whether I should single tap or alternate.
For single tapping and streaming you want to practice burst streams and make sure that you ALWAYS start streams with your main finger. It would be perfect if you find maps that switch between bursts and single taps constantly. I don't remember many good maps for your rank but this beatmapsets/352570#osu/785982 is one of my all time favorites. Great for practicing single tapping and bursts.
As for when to alternate.. you should decide your single tapping speed limit. Let's say I can comfortably single tap 120 bpm. I will always single tap anything 120bpm or lower. But lets say a map is at 130bpm, and is clearly not a streaming map, I will probably not play it at all until I can actually single tap it. But some maps can be mostly 120bpm and have some triangles or squares that are faster than that, then I will alternate those.
Yikes the advice on starting alt with main finger is a bad. You should learn to be able to start from any finger and just have good finger control overall.
ttheguy

lazyRETRO wrote:

TakumiBoi wrote:

Its hard too keep good acc, i just keep overstreaming stuff, some patterns too diffucult tho. When beatmap changes speed its difucult to adapt and i just keep ruining acc or mising. For me singletaping seems better.
Since alt requires much more time to master i choose singletap because im too lazy :D
it literally take me 2 days to master lmao