forum

mechanical kb better than membrane?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PotetoFry
are mechanical keyboards easier to tap than membrane keyboards?

if its actually then i think i will buy
one
GlaZe
Most if not all people would say so. But you could go to ur local store and try how they feel. Some boxes have 1 button exposed so you can try how they feel.
TakumiBoi
its preference, membrane requires you to push all the way to the bottom to actuate and softens over time and is not ideal for streams, mechanical is the most consistent and has a lot of varieties in terms of switches but is louder and your family might complain
Topic Starter
PotetoFry
ill probably buy one cuz it hard for me to stream it hurts even for a short amount of time.
Rikii
I do prefer playing with mechanical switches, but it's not going to up your game instantly.
Endaris
The answer is "yes" to your thread title but "no" to the question whether they are easier to tap or not.

Membrane keyboards are made from rubber that wears out over the course of several hundred thousand keypresses.
This means that your tapping experience will change over time for better or worse.
The advantage of mechanical keyboards is that your keys don't wear out, meaning you have the same tapping experience through millions of keypresses which allows for good muscle memory to settle in.
ikasu
There are good membrane keyboards out there, but they are incredibly niche items. Mechanical keyboards are preferable because they're reliable and because you can specify the weight/feel of the keypress to suit your preference.