forum

Fun Spoiler Change: about skins

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Aqo
Right now there's an option in "Fun Spoiler" to disable the map skin, however often times I want to keep the unique skin a map has and just use my own hitbursts (because those have a large effect on gameplay and it's frustrating to get used to another set just for one map). Is it possible to create a sub-option to only disable the hitbursts and keep the rest of the map skin elements?
deadbeat
personally, i think if your gonna use the map skin, it's best to just all of it active
Stefan
Sounds quite.. well,hard to describe.
I see good and bad reasons behind of your idea.
Topic Starter
Aqo
Usually the skin is something that goes with the SB and if I want to play with the SB I want to also keep the skin, but hitbursts are strictly a gameplay related thing.

Take this map for example: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/47516
The hitbursts on it are completely random and don't even match the SB style. I'd rather just disable them and use my own but keep the skin that goes with the beautiful SB.
bwross
The main issue I see here is the possibility of a slippery slope... where will the fun spoiler options stop if we start allowing more?

Already there is some control over the skinned elements, as hit sounds have been separated from the rest of the skin in Fun Spoilers. Plus you can also remove hit lightning and combo bursts in the Options. The score hitmarks are probably more interesting to toggle than those in the Options (because the score marks are on a front layer, not a back one), and at least on par with hit sounds as something to use fun spoiling for (they're certainly well above hit sounds for me). So if anything deserves to be added, this is probably it (either that or "flashes", but that's a harder problem).
GladiOol
delete hitbursts from song folder

???

have fun.
Topic Starter
Aqo

GladiOol wrote:

delete hitbursts from song folder

???

have fun.
spoilers: that's what I do now

I want the game to actually support this as a built-in option for if/when osz2 comes along. I feel like this particular option makes sense and it shouldn't be hard to add.
Alpha Kitten
ohh wow that song is just like Dango song, if you don't hit good. You'll f- up
theowest
the skin override request would solve this
t/103304

which is even assigned
bwross
They look like very different things to me. The skin override is talking about a single folder filled with all the items you might want to override in other skins you've downloaded into the skins folder, using a checkmark up in the options. This is talking about just overriding the hitmarks in a map's skin, without having to go back to the options menu.

Yes, the skin override could be used to fix that, but at the expense of everything else you might want to override with it, and with the inconvenience of having to wander around the interface to toggle it every time you want to play a map with or without it (because it isn't going to remember what you selected on a map by map basis). It's a horrible solution.
jemhuntr
this will lead to complication of things. although having it would be useful, it could also lead to unnecessary options and toggles.
theowest

bwross wrote:

They look like very different things to me. The skin override is talking about a single folder filled with all the items you might want to override in other skins you've downloaded into the skins folder, using a checkmark up in the options. This is talking about just overriding the hitmarks in a map's skin, without having to go back to the options menu.

Yes, the skin override could be used to fix that, but at the expense of everything else you might want to override with it, and with the inconvenience of having to wander around the interface to toggle it every time you want to play a map with or without it (because it isn't going to remember what you selected on a map by map basis). It's a horrible solution.
good point.
darkmiz
Some people don't like 300 hit-bursts, some don't like follow-points, or slider-ticks, etc. An On/Off toggle in skin.ini or In-game Options for every skin element. So we don't have to manually search the skin folder and copy/paste/rename all these files to 1x1 transparent pngs every time we download a new skin.
deadbeat
pretty sure this is a duplicate. let me check
i remember so much useless stuff ._." - t/98456
marking as duplicate

never mind that, i'll just merge