forum

Is it possible to play with keyboard and mouse like Cookiezi?

posted
Total Posts
show more
KRZY
lol people are so ignorant

your definition of 'being pro' must broaden

for starters, look up Silfy (Orange now)
silmarilen
pro is relative, for some people being able to pass insanes is already pro, for others you have to be able to fc maps where the top 40 doesnt have fc to be pro
nrii_old

KRZY wrote:

if you aren't top 5 you should just quit the game
silmarilen
Current Performance: 5,799pp (#152)
bye aevv
KRZY

nrii wrote:

KRZY wrote:

if you aren't top 5 you should just quit the game
so why haven't you?
nrii_old
thats the joke.jpg
Tanzklaue
wishy says people like doomsday were never even comparable to pro tablet players.

players like doomsday were top players back in 2008-2010.

just to state how wishy simply is wrong in that regard.

even today, some of those players can play almost anything a tablet pro can also play. exceptions being ugly jumpmaps that are hardcore even for tabletpros, where the mouse really can't compare to the tablet (things like airman, big black, kokou no sousei and others).
silmarilen
they are still nothing compared to cookiezi (which is what this topic is about in the end)
Liut
Cookiezi so overrated
Wishy

Tanzklaue wrote:

wishy says people like doomsday were never even comparable to pro tablet players.

players like doomsday were top players back in 2008-2010.

just to state how wishy simply is wrong in that regard.

even today, some of those players can play almost anything a tablet pro can also play. exceptions being ugly jumpmaps that are hardcore even for tabletpros, where the mouse really can't compare to the tablet (things like airman, big black, kokou no sousei and others).
When tablet became super popular and everyone started using it pro mouse players started to be... not pro compared to the best tablet players. ShaggoN was an accuracy player, Gladi is god because mouse only, and Doomsday was a good player back then but as far as I remember he wasn't even comparable to Rucker/Cookiezi/some other tablet players. NOW, TODAY, I think there is NO mouse player except for Silvia into the top 30 (and I'd dare to say 40). And still Silvia could never do specific stuff because he played mouse. I haven't been here that long (2 years now), but I'm quite confident I'd be right if I say that when mouse players were the best it was just because tablet players were not that common. Since the day I started looking around to see who were the best players, I found out all of them were tablet users, I even spectated Doomsday several times but he just had too much trouble doing stuff tablet players did like it was nothing.

Tablet will help you improve your aim, if you play mouse you will have a lot of trouble doing hard patterns/extreme jumpy maps, streamy shit is still doable with mouse (KeigoClear before he switched to tablet), but if you want to be top tier you gotta be able to do both, that's my definition of pro.
CXu
kriers.
winber1

Wishy22 wrote:

pro.
me?

Wishy22 wrote:

NO
:(
nrii_old

CXu wrote:

kriers.
while amazing at mouse (he shits all over my ability), he's shadowed by a lot of tablet players still :(
thelewa
Yo guise I play with a tablet

and my jumps are shit
winber1

thelewa wrote:

Yo guise I play with a tablet

and my jumps are shit
thelewa
I have now proven wrong the theory that a tablet is better than a mouse for osu
silmarilen
right
Naikaze

MillhioreF wrote:

pretty much all the 470+ spinners are mouse users
Except me
Wishy
You can spin over 460 with tablet anyways, I can do 440 on good days and I'm not even close to being good. Metro could do 460+ on full area.
druidxd

Wishy22 wrote:

You can spin over 460 with tablet anyways, I can do 440 on good days and I'm not even close to being good. Metro could do 460+ on full area.
I can 420-460 on good days (full area), and i'm also not that good to begin with, spinning is just play simple, if you practice it, it gets way too easy, except for those flash spins or whatever they are called that are like 0.5 secs long.

On topic, you will probably never going to be able to play like cookiezi, that's why he's a legend all over the osu community.-
giant panda
It's all about genetics, if you're unlucky like me it can take decades to even reach a fraction of his skill. Yes you can use mouse and keyboard to be as good as him, just use a stylus mouse or tablet mouse in pen mode because it will use absolute tracking instead of relative tracking which normal mice use. So technically you can still be good with a mouse.
ZeroEightOne
Cookiezi's gameplay is
no one can do like him