community forum

Good osu keyboards/brands?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tryhard
Looking forward to buy one but I don‘t really know which one. I prefer a mechanical keyboard with reds because I have a mech. keypad with Gateron reds but it sucks.

Thanks.
Umokazan
Ducky's are insanely good, many pros and i myself have a Ducky One 2 mini or a special edition like Sakura forest fairy etc. : )
Implojin

Umokazan wrote:

or a special edition like Sakura forest fairy etc. : )
this dude knows

I mean dang, just look at that spacebar

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3521

(really though it's just preference as long as you make sure to get good-enough switches, there's no need to spend a lot on a keyboard unless you're after the A E S T H E T I C)
Rikii

Implojin wrote:

I mean dang, just look at that spacebar
You can just buy aftermarket keycaps or make a custom one if you really want to.
Implojin

Rikii wrote:

You can just buy aftermarket keycaps or make a custom one if you really want to.
Sure, you could, but then you'd have to find a decent set of thick PBT dyesub sakura caps. The cost of a cap set like that is likely to approach the cost of that board by itself, and then you'd have to add the cost of whatever switches/pcb/case you choose.

I have seen some other sets of sakura caps like that, but they're typically off of aliexpress with weird legends or questionable thickness/printing. In comparison, those Varmilo caps are pretty good.

Build-it-yourself keyboard customization isn't really the same market as prebuilts being sold to people who'd like to buy something that works and looks nice, but might not want to tinker with it. It goes without saying that you can build something nice if you're willing to spend the time and money to do it yourself.