forum

Are there any std players here who play for acc instead of combo?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
I am trying out std after 5 years of playing mania, and I wonder if there are others who focus on accing std maps instead of comboing them.
Amanogawa Saya
I don't really care about the acc cuz i usually fc when i get a good acc, but when i fc and get a bad one that's when it flips me off.
Juuuuuuuuul
Acc is always my main goal when playing a map but that don't mean i'm good at it . :D
Nao Tomori
there are a lot of players who mostly concentrate on acc (mostly hr or hdhr players) but the nature of the game being aim based instead of purely finger control means more emphasis on combo...
Topic Starter
abraker

Nao Tomori wrote:

there are a lot of players who mostly concentrate on acc (mostly hr or hdhr players) but the nature of the game being aim based instead of purely finger control means more emphasis on combo...

It depends on the map. Some are maps are more aim focused than others.

Also you can still focus on acc on aim based maps, it's just more granular.
Antiforte
I play for accuracy because it tells me how consistent my play is. Good acc -> Strong control/reading -> more likely to FC.

If I can't do well on a map, I just do reading/aim training then come back later. Accuracy comes pretty naturally if you have solid reading.
Endaris
Hi abarakare, it's me.
You know me but let me use the opportunity to shove my gameplay concept in your face again:
https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/342548

I think i borked my collections not too long ago and had to try to rebuild them via a script but this is current state of the art:

MrSparklepants
It's a mix of combo and acc for me, but I do mainly focus on combo when I know I can't acc a map, and I come back to it to get a better acc.
Topic Starter
abraker

Endaris wrote:

Hi abarakare, it's me.
You know me but let me use the opportunity to shove my gameplay concept in your face again:
https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/342548

I think i borked my collections not too long ago and had to try to rebuild them via a script but this is current state of the art:

Oh yea I did same thing. I might have split them too aggressively tho. I'll look into your distribution.

ikasu
It depends on the map. There's maps where the difference between 99% and 100% is like 20% of the pp, especially in double time, and then there's maps where the SS is just a cherry on top of a fat pp score.
Ayayano
Depends on the map, some maps I entirely give up accing and go for combo, but some maps I go for good acc scores.

There is this curse that plagues many individuals that the fc score is the lowest acc run and this is basically what happens to me.
im flat
majority std players do lol