forum

play on touchpad

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
My1_old
I have sometimes just my Laptop and no mouse, so I decided to try osu with toupad, and t is really hard but let me say one thing:
When you make a map thet some no-pro-player (like me) can play well, then that map is wey well-made.
I test maps and when they are more or less good playable (B or better) I will list hem here, and leave a message in the Beatmaptopic with this picture

But I will test only easy or normal, because the rest is not something for me (either mouse or touchpad)
But really maps that are Touchpad compatible arent everywhere, they have to be the following (no rules, just the things I felt when playing)
- not too fast
- no xTremely short or hard spinners
- good flow
- not too fast sliders
- not too far spced

Just for info:
I use the Lenovo ThinkPad T420 and have touchpad sensitivity on maximum and osu "Mouse-multiplier" on 4.0x

Map List:
p/1786594#p1786594 (1st and yet only touchpad S)
p/1811180#p1811180 (A on easy, normal testing right now...)
Adding maps to list later
Laptop players can stay updated.
If you want that I check a map and add it to the list, then pot it here, but please no maps with horrible music I dont want earcancer...
G0r
I can usually SS anything Normal or Easy with a touchpad. If it's Hard, then sometimes I can S it. If I can't S it, then the odds are I won't pass it either. I dunno if we're allowed to just talk in this thread, or if it's exclusively for maps... The post was a little confusing, honestly.
Topic Starter
My1_old
you may talk.
and I said NON-Pro players, you have a score rank of 2000 and whatever you ARE a pro in comparison to me...
this also includes players who dont osu! each day like when theyre students, apprentices etc.
PhiLL A
If you're looking for flow, maybe try La Cataline maps?
Topic Starter
My1_old
so. now I can play again, I lost my microSD card on which osu was stored... now I can try everything I got again :-(
and just a nice map found. p/1811180#p1811180
PhiLL A
Maybe you could upload some replays so we could see how you play with touchpad and recommend more maps
Topic Starter
My1_old
yes, I want to, but recently I killed my osu, and right now I am re-transferring all my maps from my home PC onto my Laptop.
and as apprentice I dont have that much time, I am sorry...
PhiLL A
oh ok
ann_old
I don't think it's worth it using a touchpad, but if you insist on doing it, train on hards.
Just press F2 and see if the song has a hard difficulty. ...nobody improves from playing easy/normals
Topic Starter
My1_old
Well I cant play hard so well on mouse anyway, so why should I try them on TP?
especially when I am in trains I sometimes really need my easy mode for bigger circles coz my cursor's not listening to me...
ann_old
._ .

you should try playing hards at least, you don't improve from playing normals.
or normals until you get the feel of how to move the cursor

and uh for those cursor issues: Control Panel -> Mouse -> [Pointer Options]Disable pointer precision.
Topic Starter
My1_old
it is just in the train where it shakes a lot during corners when my finger get sundenly off its position, that has nothing to do with that...
ann_old
oh sorry I missed the word train, but still I recommend doing that if you didn't before.

also lol on the train
Topic Starter
My1_old
why not? call it a challenge
ann_old
I am just imagining it with my laptop, it's way to big to carry to school already xD
I can only use it on bed or on a desk x.x
(if I try that: instant laptop broken)
PhiLL A
i think playing with touchpad is a good idea, if he ever gets good with it he'll have proven you can be good with anything
Topic Starter
My1_old

xann wrote:

._ .

you should try playing hards at least, you don't improve from playing normals.
or normals until you get the feel of how to move the cursor

and uh for those cursor issues: Control Panel -> Mouse -> [Pointer Options]Disable pointer precision.
done. but really what does thais option in detail, the german one means "enhance pointer acceleration" but in which way???
and osu has such an option too, this one off too???
ann_old

My1 wrote:

done. but really what does thais option in detail, the german one means "enhance pointer acceleration" but in which way???
and osu has such an option too, this one off too???
If turned on in Windows it doesn't give 1:1 movement, instead it just accelerates causing weird boosts in your movement.
when you turn it off it will almost give 1:1 movement, there was a mousefix for exact 1:1 movement but I can't find it anymore.(I barely notice any difference)

You can't toggle this on/off in osu!, it's a bugfix though, not 100% sure what it was.

when you play with mouse precision off you won't get the weird boosts in movement when you move fast. (When doing fast songs it's handy to have 1:1 movement)
chonicle
It's better to use "Synabs" to make your touchpad work like a tablet. Just google it in forum.

And you will be able to play 5stars using that :D
Topic Starter
My1_old
I am fine. as I already said I cant do very hardmaps even with myouse anyway, so...
and also I am not allowed to install programs without asking...
PhiLL A
it means that if you move your mouse faster it will also move further