The fifth edition of AxS has arrived! Once again the biggest osu!Catch community made tournament returns, and once again we are planning on making this the absolute best osu!Catch tournament ever! Players can expect a smooth sailing experience, provided we have been able to almost fully flesh out this tournament format in the last 4 years. Will you prove to belong to the absolute best players this year? Will you be able to fight your way to the top? Show us what you’ve got!
The full name of AxS is “Accuracy x Score”. The matches are in a three versus three format and the teams will have a maximum of six competitors.
The tournament is not nationality based, so anybody can join your team. While we allow people from all countries to join each other in the same team, we recommend you to try to get people around the same time zone to avoid scheduling issues.
AxS is different from your mainstream tournament. Here, accuracy has a huge impact on the final score of each team. Your team will be divided into two groups of players playing different roles to create a final score for each map.
Two of the three playing members will serve as the "score" and the other player will serve as the "accuracy". Further information can be found under the heading "Calculation explained".
- The score used in this tournament will be ScoreV2.
- Teams will be matched up through seeding in the group stage. The group stage will consist of team pools of 4.
- If a team is 10 minutes late for a match, they will be disqualified for that match and lose by default.
- If a team does not contain enough players to play a match (3 players), the opposing team will win the match.
- Please refrain from using offensive words in your team name as this can lead to disqualification. Names will be checked by our various staff members, so using a lesser known language won’t work.
- Commentators aren't allowed to bad-mouth players in any given scenario, if they do, then please report this.
- If a player in your team decides to name-change after signing up to the tournament or mid tournament, notify Wesley about this change or that player will not be able to partake in the next match
- The accuracy players of the teams have to sit in the First or Fourth slot of the multiplayer room depending on what team they are. This spot will be for the accuracy player, when the map has started the accuracy player is locked in and cannot be changed even if the map is retried for any reason.
- You are allowed to switch players in between maps.
- If a player disconnects from the game their score nor accuracy will be accounted for in the final calculation
- You cannot nullify a beatmap under any circumstance.
- A map can only be retried when something hindering happens (such as a disconnect) in the first 20 seconds of that map. This is only allowed once per match for each team.
- If the whole team dies in a match, the opposing team wins that map by default
- You are allowed to ban 2 maps per match per team, meaning a total of 4 bans per match.
- As for rolls, the team that won the roll can decide whether they want to ban and pick first, or ban and pick second. The teams alternate between each other for bans.
- Always remember that this is just a game (I.e behave yourself)
- If neither team has enough players to conduct the match a roll will be done to determine the match’s winner
- There are 6 NoMod, 4 Hidden, 4 HardRock, 4 DoubleTime, 4 Mixed Mod and 1 Tiebreaker map
- The Tiebreaker will be played with either NoMod or Hidden. Any other mods are NOT allowed.
- When picking either DoubleTime or HardRock maps, you are allowed to pick Hidden alongside
- When picking a Mixed Mod map, one player has to play with NoMod, one with Hidden and the last player with HardRock (can be with Hidden).
- You are not allowed to pick a map from the same mod pool twice in a row.
- NoFail is NOT allowed to be picked alongside anything.
Date when the registration will be closed: 21/12/2019 (dd/mm/yyyy).
After this date we will send in all the users that signed up to get screened. This will take up a couple of days (staff said approximately 2 days), after this period you’ll have until 28/12/2019 to replace the potential users that are not allowed to play with other users.
The final date to replace team members will be 28/12/2019 (dd/mm/yyyy).
If we do not comply with this the tournament will not receive a badge.
See Tournament screening for more information.
In order to register you have to send a PM to Wesley (Click me).
Signing up through the forum post will be ignored.
If you have read this good job on you, add this to the pm.
Your team must consist of at least 3 players, the last 3 players are optional although highly recommended.
A total of 32 teams are allowed to participate, anyone can register but once we go over 32 teams only the teams with the highest average pp will be able to partake in the tournament.
You are allowed to change team members until the registration closing date.
Format for the pm:
Subject: AxS Tournament Registration
Team name 1. (Team Captain name) (Timezone in UTC) 2. (Player 2 Name) (Timezone in UTC) 3. (Player 3 Name) (Timezone in UTC) 4. (Player 4 name) (Timezone in UTC) 5. (Player 5 name) (Timezone in UTC) 6. (Player 6 name) (Timezone in UTC)
Note: You need to fill in at least 3 players in order to register a team. You can freely change your team members until 21/12/2019.
If you want to change anything, make sure to send a new message to Wesley on either Discord or on the website.
After you registered your team, feel free to join our Discord server. Any information regarding the tournament will be posted there.
All dates are in (dd/mm/yyyy) format.
Closing date for the registration phase: 21/12/2019
Final date to replace members because of the screening: 28/12/2019
Live Drawings and group stage Mappool showcase: 04/01/2020
Group stage: 11/01/2020 & 12/01/2020
Future dates after the group stage will be announced on discord.
Three players will choose between playing one of two different roles each map, these players and roles can be changed per map. The roles are “Accuracy player” and “Score player”. Each team will have ONE Accuracy player and TWO Score players.
The accuracy player primarily has to focus on their accuracy, to ensure that the score from the score players won’t drop. This obviously means that the score players primarily will have to focus on their score.
This is what the calculation looks like
This is the same formula as in AxS fourth edition
Formula final score of player 1:
(Score of player 1 * 0.2)
Formula score of player 2:
(Score of player 2 * (((100 - ((100 - Accuracy of player 2) / 5)) / 100) ^ modifier))
Formula score of player 3:
(Score of player 3 * (((100 - ((100 - Accuracy of player 3) / 5)) / 100) ^ modifier))
Formula final score:
((Final score of player 1) + (Final score of player 2) + (Final score of player 3)) * ((Accuracy of player 1 / 100) ^ modifier)
Player 1 (Accuracy player):
Player 2 (Score player):
Player 3 (Score player):
((950000 * 0.2) + (900000 * (((100 - ((100 - 99.5) / 5)) / 100) ^ 10)) + (1000000 * (((100 - ((100 - 100) / 5)) / 100) ^ 10))) * ((99 / 100) ^ 10) = 1882055.62806
Yet again, we will have an AxS calculator. This time around, it also has a built-in IRC client to make everything even more easy. Right now it only supports Windows, if you want to run it on different operating systems you have to compile it yourself through npm (if you want more information about this, feel free to pm Wesley on osu! or Discord)
The latest version of the calculator can be found here: https://github.com/wesley-221/axs-calculator-v2/releases/latest.
Updates will automatically be installed every time you open the calculator (if there are any), so no need to re-download it when a new update comes out!
- A badge for the team that gets first place - the design will be announced later.
- 6 months of supporter to the first placing team
- 4 months of supporter to the second placing team
- 2 months of supporter to the third placing team
Thank you Snowleopard for sponsoring the supporter prizes, hugely appreciated!
If anyone is willing to help out funding supporter, feel free to hit either Sartan or Wesley up.
We are still looking for staff reinforcements. If you are interested send a pm to Sartan on osu! (click me) or on Discord: Sartan#3815
Art: Baron, Kyuare
Tournament host: Wesley, Sartan
Mapselector: Snowless, Berea
Referee: Wesley, Fre