forum

tobyMac - Favorite Song

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, April 06, 2013 at 11:50:31 PM

Artist: tobyMac
Title: Favorite Song
Tags: Eye On It Christian Religious Jamie Grace
BPM: 103
Filesize: 5626kb
Play Time: 03:27
Difficulties Available:
  1. Simple (1.23 stars, 152 notes)
  2. Standard (4.1 stars, 294 notes)
  3. Tough (4.78 stars, 434 notes)
Download: tobyMac - Favorite Song
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
CHANGELOG:
Updated with some changed as suggested by wmtokok!
Huh, eh?? I suddenly have 2 SP on this map even though nobody gave me kudosu stars?? I must be missing something... maybe my internet is lagging... Thank you, karma! xD
Seems I forgot to upload the updated beatmap. -.- Why do I always forget that part?! It's kind of important... Bleh.

CONCERNS:
- The background image is kinda low resolution. With the recent HD update, I know low res images aren't going to look very good for some players. I've had trouble finding a bigger Eye On It image, though.
- The skill jump from Simple to Standard is kind of large. I'd like to add a fourth diff. in between them, but I also... don't want to... ;-; If anyone wants to make a guest diff., I'd be more than happy to let you. Otherwise, modders, if you really think I should add another diff., just let me know in your mod post.
- AiMod said my kiai time wasn't snapped, but I can't imagine why. It looks fine in the Timing menu... If it says that for you too, could you maybe look into it for me? :< I couldn't find anything wrong, though. Aside from that, AiMod only reported spacing issues for jumps that I inserted on purpose, so that's fine.
- I haven't used AiBAT yet. I imagine it won't say much new, but I should do that eventually...

So basically, I just need to find a better background image. Let me know what you think about my other concerns, though!
wmtokok
My mod :D
Simple
00:40:916 (4) - move to Y:256
02:27:518 (1,2,3) - I think this is not easy for new player , You can make this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/690625
03:24:606 (1) - New Combo not need
03:27:518 (1) - ^
Standard
01:01:887 (1) -New Combo not need
01:12:373 (1,2) - Distance Snap not good
03:15:576 () - add note?
tough
02:54:897 (1) - spinner add to 2:57:227
02:57:227 (1) - delete note
Your beatmap is very good :)

Good luck :D
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
Wrote my comments in bold! :D

wmtokok wrote:

My mod :D
Simple
00:40:916 (4) - move to Y:256
Fixed!

02:27:518 (1,2,3) - I think this is not easy for new player , You can make this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/690625
I agree, stacks aren't very easy to beginners. Fixed it up!

03:24:606 (1) - New Combo not need
03:27:518 (1) - ^
Eh, there has to be SOME way to accent the end of the song. Haha! I agree though, I made from here to the end all the same combo.

Standard
01:01:887 (1) -New Combo not need
This kinda goes with the song, I'mma leave it as-is for now.

01:12:373 (1,2) - Distance Snap not good
I think I fixed this, it looked a little out of place before, but now it looks fine.

03:15:576 () - add note?
I was kind of going for a different sound for this section of the song. Not to mention, it's a pain to add another note here because then I have to re-do the distance snapping for all the other notes after it... I could add a slider, but the angle I have to set it to just looks bad. I'm going to leave it for now. :)

tough
02:54:897 (1) - spinner add to 2:57:227
02:57:227 (1) - delete note
Nothing wrong with that suggestion, but I feel it's sort of my style to keep the beats really tightly aligned with the music itself. For instance, that spinner and the other note you listed go with the little "Ooh ohh" parts at that part of the song. Making the spinner longer kinda messes with that flow.
Your beatmap is very good :)
Thank you! ^_^

Good luck :D
EDIT: Almost forgot, kudosu! ^_^ You helped me identify a few problems with the mapset, particularly the Simple difficulty. Thanks!