forum

[Archived] I'm having a big keyboard issue (i'm desperate)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Monsquid
Hello,

I'm here because I have a bug on osu! since 6 months...After a triplet or a burst, osu! sometimes think that my key is pressed while I'm not pressing it actually.
It is truly bothering me because I can't play osu! and enjoy the game...

I tried MANY things in order to resolve this bug :
- I tried with another keyboard, and even with a keypad
- I uninstalled osu! then reinstalled it.
- I deleted then reinstalled Windows.
- I even changed my motherboard! 

Windows and osu! are up to date.

But the bug isn't gone!

I'm completely desperate, I need your help..
Thank you for reading me... 

osu! version: Stable 20191102.2 (latest)
Death
I'm not sure how you are coming to the conclusion that osu! thinks your key is pressed when it isn't? Can you explain your reasoning behind that please?
Topic Starter
Monsquid
Well, the key overlay shows that the key is pressed while I'm not pressing it, it stays pressed for like 2-3 seconds.
Maybe the problem isn't osu! itself, maybe it's my computer, I don't know...
Death
Which one does it say is pressed? Is it always the same key?
Topic Starter
Monsquid
Both stay pressed
Death
Sounds like an issue with you/your computer to be honest. This behavior doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

Do you have like sticky keys or filter keys enabled somehow? I'm not even sure if those would cause behavior like this, but I guess it's worth checking.
Topic Starter
Monsquid
It's not an issue with me, I'm not holding the key and it stay pressed.
It's certainly an issue with my computer, but I don't know the cause. That's why I'm asking for help, I already tried everything...
SadKoo
Honestly it is the first time I see something like that, you can try to find people who have the same problem as you.
Try asking for help on reddit, maybe someone can help you.
Topic Starter
Monsquid
Okay
Gonna ask for help on reddit aswell
nasdda
Is it only in osu or in general?
Topic Starter
Monsquid
I haven't tried to stream or tap fastly on other games so I don't know if it can happen on other games aswell...

It only happens on high bpm bursts
nasdda
Try using some kinda keyboard testing sites, like http://en.key-test.ru/ , and see if the issue also happens outside of game.
Topic Starter
Monsquid
Same bug happens on your keyboard testing website.

I've a video of the problem (I'm sorry for the low resolution..) : https://youtu.be/B21hmoNp19o

Also I want to add something: When the bug happens and when I remove my finger from the key #1, the key #2 is instantly released. But when I don't remove my finger from the key #1, the key #2 stay pressed for 1 or 2 seconds (you can see that phenomenon at the end of the video)
nasdda
Can you provide the 2 keys that you use to play, or have you tried multiple different keys already?
Topic Starter
Monsquid
I'm using W and X
nasdda
Try changing the key binding to maybe some numbers, ex: numbers 7 and 2 on numberpad, and see if it fixes your issue. If not then try running your pc on safe mode and see if the problem remains. If it still remains then it's most likely an issue with the keyboard, though you did mention that you tried different keyboards.
Topic Starter
Monsquid
I can't really guess if the bug appears also in safe mode, because it usually appears after 20min or hours of playing, I don't really want to spam my keys for hours on safe mode