forum

Jam Project - Stormbringer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Headbang
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, December 23, 2007 at 7:37:52 PM

Artist: Jam Project
Title: Stormbringer
BPM: 90.5
Filesize: 5961kb
Play Time: 02:45
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (3.1 stars, 236 notes)
  2. Hard (4.42 stars, 347 notes)
Download: Jam Project - Stormbringer
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my first map, and I tried pretty hard on it. Hard only for now, easy later. I can't say because it's my map, but I think this is pretty difficult.

EDIT: Now with normal mode and fixed hard mode!

EDIT AGAIN: It's done now. I think.

EDIT YET A THIRD TIME:Okay, seriously. Now it's done. Added sounds.
Kharl
This is really good for the first beatmap. Difficulty is just right and the notes go along well with the song. There's a few things you'll need to change, though.

- Timing is a bit off at the end. Set BPM to 90.50 and offset to 9,830 (I also recommend setting slider tick rate to 2 but this is optional). After that, you'll need to resnap all notes and recalculate sliders length too.

- There is a gap between 0:59:55 and 1:02:86. Did you forget to put the notes in?

- Watch your beat spacing. Some of them are quite confusing such as the red combo set at 1:13:14. The gap between 3 and 6 should be larger. The yellow set at 1:16:12 and green set at 1:18:61 also have a similar problem. The spacing between yellow 1 and 3 should be smaller than 3 and 5, and vice versa for the green. And there are more similar spacing problem throughout the song so please check and correct them.
Topic Starter
Headbang
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
eyup
Hey, congrats on completing your first beatmap. As Kharl said, it's a really great first effort - very solidly made! The timing seems fine now, but there are still quite a lot of places in the song where beat spacing can be improved. Read the Guide to Making Beatmaps for more info on beat spacing - it's under Vital Tips.

Also, when you have notes which are stacked on top of each other, try and make sure that each stack consists of notes with the same timing - e.g. a stack of all 1/4 beats, or a stack of all 1/2 beats. Don't stack a couple of 1/2 beats together with 1/4 beats - it gets very confusing for the player.

Other than that, I can't see anything else wrong with this. You should make an easy or normal (or both) version of this map to increase the appeal to a wider range of player skills - this shouldn't be too hard, you've done all the hard work already. Great work, I give this a star :D
Topic Starter
Headbang
I think I've gone ahead and fixed everything. There's also now a normal mode. I think it's pretty solid but I'm still open for criticism.
MaxwellDemon
From 2:38:49 on Hard, the beat-spacing changed. It is alright, I actually prefer that set of beat-spacing more, but better try to stick with what you spaced at first. Other than that, it is perfect to me.

On Normal, as I said on the IRC, the sliders are a bit off, it seems like if they end too early for me and for the part where it goes "WHOA-WHOA-WHOA-WHOA" close to the beginning, the sliders seem to start too early? It could just be my personal preference though since when I make beatmaps I like to drag the sliders through the entire tone. XD

I am starring this though. ^^
eyup
You need to re-insert both breaks as they are starting/ending slightly late at present. To do this, simply insert a Normal inside the breaktime, which will delete it. Then delete the added note, and click Insert Break Time again. The appropriate break time will be automatically added.

Normal seems fine to me, but Hard still has some pretty significant beat spacing issues. Doesn't seem to be consistent throughout the map.
EiJi
Or just right-click the break...
Topic Starter
Headbang
Actually, I just realized that I screwed up the breaks when attempting to fix them and I didn't solve much. This should be better.
Extor
This one is ready for rankings. There is a little small beatspacing thing at 26:56 (Normal) but nothing more.

I don't know why, this beatmap has a bubble symbol on it though. So... I'll leave it and this one get's my approval. (You can try to fix that beatspacing thing if you want though) =P

*does nothing*

EDIT: After talking with headbang he told me that Cecilthemos was the one that bubbled it. Please next time, post here to make it easier to recognise who added the bubble and post your thoughts to everyone too! I'll rank this one anyways because it has 2 mods approvals.

Cya!
Survivor_old
This is my favorite beatmap, and the first I have played in y Osu! career. I'm currently the best on normal difficulty. I felt challenged when Upsilon took my first place from me, so I took it back!

Great beatmap, I congratulate you.