you want free badges for being helpful?

uwu
42.86%
no
50.00%
lol i'm pretty sure someone said this before
7.14%
Total votes: 14
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
TakumiBoi
how 'bout a tag/badge for completing a milestone of people helped in the help forums but the topic starter must review the guy based if it actually helped them or whatever.

i kinda need a valid reason for decaying and mapping isn't valid but a badge/tag would be a cool flex
Epic
well we already have that, and its called support team. also i dont like the aspect of tags for non-staff/non-owc-winners/non-mappers.
Topic Starter
TakumiBoi
something for absolute normies sounds pretty good to me
abraker
"badges" as most people know them have their own special function. However, I believe some kind of rewards for completing milestones associated with helping in sections of osu! community would be beneficial. It can provide intensive for people to help, allow themselves to figure out what they would like to help with, and eventually be qualified for official roles.
clayton
I feel as if people who go above and beyond for stuff like this already end up getting a badge, whether it be from community contributor, or added to GMT/Support and having a tenure, etc.

I think there is room to better encourage this type of activity, but I don't think explicit rewards are necessary
- Marco -
Would be interesting to see, but it has to be made in a way that avoid badge farmers and stuff like that
Blushing

clayton wrote:

I feel as if people who go above and beyond for stuff like this already end up getting a badge, whether it be from community contributor, or added to GMT/Support and having a tenure, etc.

I think there is room to better encourage this type of activity, but I don't think explicit rewards are necessary
What is above and beyond? Cause there are several people with over 2-4-6k posts exclusively in help, feature requests, development, or throughout other forums and they dont have any recognition other than that.

unfortunately not always so. There are also people that dont want that responsibility/duty of GMT/NAT so they turn it down (others are not old enough or for some reason cannot get into the those groups). Betting on getting into a group to get recognition doesnt sound the best to me... it should definitely be a vote from those inside the circle to award badges or any type of "reward"

CC is incredibly hard to get unless youre help/program/project is extensively used or noticable. Plus its probably the most coveted badge outside World Cup badges. imo.

Some recognition would be great... but a lot of us help because we already want to, but that doesnt mean we should have to be recruited into groups for a badge.
clayton

Blushing wrote:

it should definitely be a vote from those inside the circle to award badges or any type of "reward"
isn't this what community contributor is? that's why I wrote it. I feel like thousands of legitimately helpful player support posts would be enough to award that badge if the relevant people were suggested for it
Ymir
You shouldn't expect a reward.