forum

Greetings from Somewhat Sunny California!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MKOLLERSMS
Hey all! My name is Madeline Koller, or MKOLLERSMS if you want to go by usernames. I've been a fan of rhythm games since I first played Elite Beat Agents on the DS. I've also played various Guitar Hero, Rock Band, and DJ Hero games on the 360, but that was a while back. So, when I found out that there was a PC rhythm action game similar to EBA (in this case, osu!), I was immediately hooked.

Now, while I plan to make effective use of the software (playing as many maps as I can get my grubby little hands on), I do plan to contribute. I've already started working on a beatmap for "Living Inside the Shell," which is from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: 2nd Gig (http://osu.ppy.sh/s/58962). Looking for collaborators, so if anyone wants to help, please feel free to drop me a line. I promise I don't bite.

Additionally, I would like to do other songs from the Ghost in the Shell series, along with some Cowboy Bebop ones (note the Yoko Kanno theme here). But only one project at a time for me, or I'd never get anything done!

Other stuff about me...I did spend a year up at Oregon Tech, but finances drove me home. Home being northern California, the part that gets snow in winter and unbearable heat in summer. My field of study is Geographic Information Systems and I hope I can continue to pursue it in the near future. As it stands, I would like to use what I already know and work for the Forest Service, but you know how that is. Lots of run around and little progress. Le sigh...

I love music and have to listen to it almost 24/7. I use it to fall asleep, and it also helps me keep a level head in exams (thankfully my old professors were very lenient about personal music players). I also love to drive, and I do it a lot. Though then again, you have fuel costs to worry about...And if you guys haven't noticed by now, I talk A LOT. I have the gift of gab and I can textbrick with the best of 'em.

If there's something I haven't covered, then feel free to...ask me anything.
superch00b
:3 welcome! These rhythm games are really addicting aren't they >w<
Topic Starter
MKOLLERSMS

superch00b wrote:

I'll say. Especially when you consider that literally any song can be used as a beatmap. I was surprised to see that there was a beatmap for "Bill Nye the Science Guy."
ychao
The gift of gab indeed haha! That is some intro in your beatmap OP there!

Welcome, welcome! Feel free to ask around if you need help with anything. Enjoy your stay!
Vext_old
Huh, I just recently moved from Cali. Feel free to add me on sexbox if you want - Vext The Hext, or just click my sig. Welcome.
Bread
hay Madeline!

You never told me you played osu! ^__^

LET'S BE FRIENDS /o/

I'm not too good at mapping, but I can give you some input based on the maps I've played if you like. Feel free to PM me in game or on my profile
Topic Starter
MKOLLERSMS

Breadly wrote:

hay Madeline!

You never told me you played osu! ^__^

LET'S BE FRIENDS /o/

I'm not too good at mapping, but I can give you some input based on the maps I've played if you like. Feel free to PM me in game or on my profile
Well I only recently started. I'll be sure to turn to you from time to time. ^_^

Are there others from the Dollars/BBS here?
fuyuko-chan
Welcome to the forums~
vizzy
Welcome to the forums!
superch00b

MKOLLERSMS wrote:

superch00b wrote:

I'll say. Especially when you consider that literally any song can be used as a beatmap. I was surprised to see that there was a beatmap for "Bill Nye the Science Guy."
O: there is? xD
Topic Starter
MKOLLERSMS
Yep! It's only like, 36 seconds long though.
Kanari
Hallowww ~
Welcome to the forums and good luck with your map ~ ;D
sCam
hey there :D

welcome
OzzyOzrock
second californian i know with a kagami fetish
bagiaaa
Hello there, have a good fun time here :D
Topic Starter
MKOLLERSMS

OzzyOzrock wrote:

second californian i know with a kagami fetish
Says the one who is "married" to Konata. Hmph.
Vext_old
KonataxKagami > Konata > Kagami
GeeNX
Guitar hero yayyy, I played Taiko no Tatsuujiin or whatever its name on DS when I was like uhm 14 years, game was not even on english was full japaense I didnt understand nothing, I just...played, good luck with the beatmap, I tried like 2 or 3 times, but I always gave up xD Hope you can go on with it, I love music too and...Madeline Koller weeelcome to the forums
Vish024
California? Hey I speak your native language, bienvenidos a los foros.

heh
Aoriki
^ I lol'ed.

Welcome to the forums, btw.
Irisu_old
Welcome!
show more