forum

[resolved] osu! crash :System. Exception: Executable filename is not correct!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AngelicBlood
Problem Details: When i try to open OSU.exe, it's say Osu crashed. Already reinstal and can play, it's say same problem.

System. Exception: Executable filename is not correct!

osu! version: Stable 20191006.1 (latest)
ThomasYou03
The name says it all, "Executable filename is not correct!"

Something, possibly another program, is giving issues with osu's executable filename (I think, I'm not tech genius) so I think you might wanna try and turn off any antivirus or 3rd party program on your PC
Death
What OS are you on?

Give this a try:

Death wrote:

Create an osu! folder in the location you want the game installed (don't skip this step). Move "osu!install.exe" into that folder, rename the file to "osu!.exe", and run it.
Topic Starter
AngelicBlood

Death wrote:

What OS are you on?

Give this a try:

Death wrote:

Create an osu! folder in the location you want the game installed (don't skip this step). Move "osu!install.exe" into that folder, rename the file to "osu!.exe", and run it.

Actually this is work until yesterday, and now its happen again and i cant do anything. I just trying reinstall like what you said, but i got "System. Exception: Executable filename is not correct!" even i trying in different location folder and now i have no idea whah should i do..
Death
Where are you trying to install the game?
Topic Starter
AngelicBlood
Local Disk (D) D:\
Death
Create an osu! folder in D:/ before trying to rename the file.

If you don't have file extensions enabled you will need to just rename the file to "osu!" and not "osu!.exe".

Basically, if the file you are renaming is originally named "osu!install" without the .exe part at the end you shouldn't include the .exe when you rename it. Otherwise, the file you are actually creating is "osu!.exe.exe".
Topic Starter
AngelicBlood
After i do what you said and something appear and written like this :

Error occured (please report this!):\n\nSystem.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'D:\osu!\osu!.exe' because it is being used by another process.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)

at #=zhPcR_jyQnv4rl79BtKPrrLE=.#=zhQKoeaI=(Object #=zHtVY5E0=, DoWorkEventArgs #=zuMqh1A8=)
Death
Restart your computer and then try again?
Topic Starter
AngelicBlood
Its work. Thank you!