forum

Is it possible to not get better?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
reekyboy2003
Ive been playing osu for about 2 years now and I dont think its possible to grow any further, up until a few months ago i was progressing fine but ive been stuck on playing 5* maps with little to no improvement. So is it possible certain people can only "git so gud"?
Almost
No. Unless you got some physical/mental disability, everybody can get good at this game.
Edgar_Figaro
Think of osu skill as a exponential regression curve. Improvement gets slower and slower the further you progress. You won’t ever reach your absolute max potential but it does get slower and slower to where you won’t notice any gains.
Endaris
In my experience you need to rack up 1000 playcount per month to see visible improvement in the form of some top plays. Except for August you've been playing rather little in the past months which makes your progress seems stagnant.
UnnamedBeast
nah

if you wanna improve real quick you gotta take the "pianist" approach and play the game actively like 4 hours minimum everyday

if you wanna improve regularly play atleast 1 hour - 1 hour and a half everyday
Lights
to add onto the previous comments, it also helps if you know what you need to practice and how to practice it. after a certain point it takes a slightly more focused approach than just "play osu!". know what you're weak at and focus your play around that periodically.
Stickman92

UnnamedBeast wrote:

nah

if you wanna improve real quick you gotta take the "pianist" approach and play the game actively like 4 hours minimum everyday

if you wanna improve regularly play atleast 1 hour - 1 hour and a half everyday

The pianist approach isn't practicing for 4 hrs minimum every day though. If they don't have good practice habits, it's useless. 4 hrs a day is good if u take a few breaks in between to recover mentally and practice efficiently without distractions. Because 4 hrs of good practice can be really tiring mentally.

Summarising it, it's closer to...The pianist approach is memorising practicing music with deliberate practice. (search up Deliberate Practice, there a lot of information on it)

unless u were just joking, in that case,oops.