forum

psat memes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nate Bait
[REDACTED FOR LEGAL REASONS]
Achromalia
the answer to question 18 on the no-calculator section is [s][t][o][p].

heh.

also, damn. the PSAT was somewhat frustrating with the mathematics sections, i got timed out twice and missed a couple problems as opposed to the extra time i had after finishing the english and reading sections :c
Death
What's a PSAT?
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Death wrote:

What's a PSAT?

Well PSAT stands for

P - People’re

S - Scared

A - About the SAT. Like you have to study for it so much and in the end it doesn’t even matter since you would scRew up somehow and the curve is so shitty that if you miss a few, your whole entire career is screwed. Also, let’s talk about how shitty the questions are, especially for the math part. Are you trying to test us about our skills or are you trying to trick us into choosing the wrong answers. Trick questions in the SAT are fucking disgusting and the people who came up with these questions should consider ending their careers and commit jumping-off-a-building. Oh yeah, the reading section too. Like wtf, some passages are easy af, but some are like required you to be a sophisticated cuckface in order to ace it. It’s like the whole test is designed to tell all the people who learnt English as their second language to fuck off. Also also the writing section is dumb (well not as dumb as the other, would say this is the tamest one, but still dumb) and its curve can go jump in a hole and die. Fuck these and fuck SAT.

T - Test
Achromalia

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH wrote:

A - About the SAT. Like you have to study for it so much and in the end it doesn’t even matter since you would screw up somehow and the curve is so shitty that if you miss a few, your whole entire career is screwed. Also, let’s talk about how shitty the questions are, especially for the math part. Are you trying to test us about our skills or are you trying to trick us into choosing the wrong questions. Trick questions in the SAT are fucking disgusting and the people who came up with these questions should consider ending their careers and commit jumping-off-a-building. Oh yeah, the reading section too. Like wtf, some passages are easy af, but some are like required you to be a sophisticated cuckface in order to ace it. It’s like the whole test is designed to tell all the people who learnt English as their second language to fuck off. Also also the writing section is dumb (well not as dumb as the other, would say this is the tamest one, but still dumb) and its curve can go jump in a hole and die. Fuck these and fuck SAT.

i might be that cuckface. reading sections are p easy imo, but

eh, yeah. the whole thing itself is fairly frustrating.
Topic Starter
Nate Bait
i feel that as well. sometimes the questions can be a bit too advanced and frustrating

though i felt this one was much easier and faster than last years... 🤔
Death

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH wrote:

A - About the SAT. Like you have to study for it so much and in the end it doesn’t even matter since you would scew up somehow and the curve is so shitty that if you miss a few, your whole entire career is screwed. Also, let’s talk about how shitty the questions are, especially for the math part. Are you trying to test us about our skills or are you trying to trick us into choosing the wrong questions. Trick questions in the SAT are fucking disgusting and the people who came up with these questions should consider ending their careers and commit jumping-off-a-building. Oh yeah, the reading section too. Like wtf, some passages are easy af, but some are like required you to be a sophisticated cuckface in order to ace it. It’s like the whole test is designed to tell all the people who learnt English as their second language to fuck off. Also also the writing section is dumb (well not as dumb as the other, would say this is the tamest one, but still dumb) and its curve can go jump in a hole and die. Fuck these and fuck SAT.
Yeah, I don't know how to read and write. That sounds awful.

Also, is this not a standardized test? Who curves a standardized test?
Ashton
Most trick questions are meant to made to test your intelligence in neat ways, right? They try to make you fall into traps if you don’t fully understand the concept. Unless they just have really weird or confusing semantics, those questions has a special place in hell for them.
Death
Isn't one of the goals of a test to figure out if you fully understand certain concepts?
johnmedina999

Death wrote:

It's technically not a standardized test, it's a private test. It just so happens that every single university requires it (or alternatively the ACT, another private exam). Therefore, College Point (the company administering the SAT) reserves the right to curve the exam, which they do.

Edit: also I don't remember any trick questions in either of my SAT attempts.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

johnmedina999 wrote:

Oh, it's there. It's probably because either you get one of the easier math section or you felt victim to these trick questions

Anyway, I'm going to get my SAT score tomorrow at 9 am UTC+7 (it can be a few hours late, who knows) for my October 5th test. I'm so nervous rn lmao
Topic Starter
Nate Bait

Ashton wrote:

Unless they just have really weird or confusing semantics, those questions has a special place in hell for them.

this year there was [REDACTED] that involved so many types of [REDACTED] and everyone disliked it ;w;

I do understand some of the questions do test odd concepts, but i feel like the overuse of those concepts in one problem can be a bit too strenuous/misunderstood. (that's kinda general for any problem imo)

or if that's just me

(EDITS: quick add ons and fixes)
Death

johnmedina999 wrote:

Death wrote:

It's technically not a standardized test, it's a private test. It just so happens that every single university requires it (or alternatively the ACT, another private exam). Therefore, College Point (the company administering the SAT) reserves the right to curve the exam, which they do.

You can have privately administered test that is still "standardized", those two things are not mutually exclusive. Of course they reserve the right to curve their test, but it's kind of dumb to curve a standardized test.
levesterz
This reminded me that i wasted my money on muet test, got band 3 and do not continue my study to get a degree.
And during speaking test i was shaky because i am under a supe cold aircondition whic is a challenge not to sound shaky while talking bad time and the listening test is like PLS STOP YOUR CAR ALARM PLS ITS BOYHERING MY HEARING
Tennes
a good urge to bust a nut after a long study session
Kaworuuu
what's a psat
abraker
when busting a nut pls share some with a squirrel

Achromalia
don't bust the nuts, bust some ass.
abraker

[box=][url=damn you're good!][/url][box]
Topic Starter
Nate Bait

Achromalia wrote:

don't bust the nuts, bust some ass.

[The dragon liked that.]
keremaru
the grammar section of psat was so forking easy lmao i didn't even check back if my answers were right because i already knew they were gamer moment :sunglasses: :fire: :100: esketit boys and non-boys :triumph: