forum

Thumb pain

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Boneless Salad
Over the past few weeks every time I wake up my thumb has to pop, I move it up and down and a faint not really pop but sort of pop happens. Then it pops and it really hurts. I also have a tingling sensation in my palm but I don’t know if it’s related to the other problem. I don’t play osu to much because due to a rule in my family I can’t play during school weeks.
megatobg
My index finger hurts when I pop it and it's hard to pop so I can't play osu with it because when I play withit it hurts a bit so I just single tap
Tennes
you could have a jammed thumb probably due to the ligaments in your thumb. just like any other joint, the thumb can be overused or overextended. When your thumb is overused, it can feel sore and painful at the joint (which could be the reason why you feel a sort of pop). rest up and try to avoid any movement with your thumb for at least the next few days. if that doesn't help, you might want to arrange a vist with a doctor.

i got a numb spot on my thumb from where i accidently stabbed it the other week
i'm good though, not a huge fan of self harm, accidental or otherwise
Cuhray
Try putting a tissue around your pen, my thumb used to go numb when I played because I gripped so hard, the tissue stopped that issue.
Szaszuge
when i play stream maps a lot or just play casually osu a lot for like 2 hours the next 2134 days my thumb joint hurts af but i cant do 3-4 days long pauses because i get suck after that and my thumb doesnt wanna regenerate quickly(sometimes its a week)
abraker
moved from general discussion
Haengsyo
I don't know the full context, but judging by your description it's most likely Trigger Finger.
"A condition in which a finger gets stuck in a bent position and then snaps straight.
Trigger finger occurs when the tendon in the affected finger becomes inflamed."
If it hurts, I recommend seeing a doctor asap before it gets worse.
[AlphaCentauri]
has no one noticed that this thread is 21 months old