posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cahyono29
why english grammar so confusing .-.
Ska
compared to other languages seems easier to me, i dunno what u mean
pentaqola
ey calm down... any foreign person would think english is confusing... if they didn't learn english in the first place
Ska

pentaqola wrote:

ey calm down... any foreign person would think english is confusing... if they didn't learn english in the first place

all the english I know comes from being on the internet a lot, most english taught in school is p useless tbh, tho I'm p sure the difficulty of a language depends on which one you start from, so personally it wasn't as bad as people usually say it is
MisakiTobisawa-
English is actually simpler than other languages in many aspects and is not as limited as a difficult language like Chinese; more often than not, terms that are synonymous (i.e. not the same exact word) tend to become exactly the same in Chinese if translated in the correct context. English is the language of the business world; it may be the second most spoken language, but it is the most widespread language. Just pay more attention in your existing English classes and it will come naturally.
Topic Starter
Cahyono29

[Ska] wrote:

compared to other languages seems easier to me, i dunno what u mean

You seem to be an expert,can you help me with this question then?
Carmen and I ……… the lunch yet. So, we are very hungry now.

a. haven’t eat
b. haven’t eating
C. haven’t eaten
D. Have eat
I know the answer its not d or b but i confused about the rest
Westonini
C. haven't eaten

"eat" is present tense while "eaten" is past tense. you know that the sentence is in past tense (meaning it's referring to something that happened in the past) because of the word "yet", so in that case you use "eaten" which is also past tense. alternatively, in that sentence you could just say "ate" which would mean the same thing.

also it's not "the lunch", it's just "lunch".

Carmen and I haven't eaten lunch yet.
OR
Carmen and I haven't ate lunch yet.

Both mean the same thing.
abraker
I haven't eaten the lunch
I haven't ate the lunch
I haven't munched the lunch
I haven't consumed the lunch
- Marco -
I haven't lunched the lunch
levesterz
i havent lunched the launch
Nate Bait
'read' rhymes with 'lead' two ways

all Cs in the "Pacific Ocean" are pronounced differently

their, they're, there
Serraionga
i haven't launched the lunch

also spanish is harder than english
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
^ ehhhh doubt. I had a harder time learning english than spanish, although it probably is because many spanish words sound the same
johnmedina999

Serraionga wrote:

i haven't launched the lunch

also spanish is harder than english

Spanish has more strict pronunciation rules. The harderst part might be learning noun genders, but you get used to it after a while.

If you speak another romance language, you get 90% less work towards learning Spanish.

Edit: it's also much easier to conjugate verbs, as conjugation rules are much more strict as well.
Tennes
nope, seeing as how grammer stuff stopped after elementary school, im far too removed from it to worry about that
keremaru
what's confusing is japanese sentence format

english is relatively easy since it's basic sentence structure, almost like any other language
johnmedina999

keremal wrote:

what's confusing is japanese sentence format

english is relatively easy since it's basic sentence structure, almost like any other language

Serraionga

johnmedina999 wrote:

romance language

Is That What People Use To Flirt With Other People??????? XD

Best Regards,
The Straight Arrow
abraker
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/971445: forum url parsing thinks the colon is part of the url
johnmedina999

abraker wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/971445: forum url parsing thinks the colon is part of the url

show more