forum

Make Abandoned Wasteland viewable again [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
practical use:
This thread contained a response from Sakura that was apparently aimed at vipper, but almost immediately it was wastelanded so he can't see... it would be useful to give users access again!

not so practical use:
it's fun to read all the stupid threads there xD

peppy said in IRC once that he was surprised access to AW was restricted and that he wasn't the one to make that change... maybe it could be reverted?
Sakura
I am aware of it being non-viewable, i PM'd him with my response afterwards so he didnt miss it.

Idk, AW is like where deleted threads go anyways, so just pretend they were deleted?
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
not always, back when it existed I saw some truly deleted posts...
BeatofIke
It's TOP SECERT! 8-)
-GN
Is that the place where the spam goes?
Devochka_old
Hiding AW is like hiding some dirty secrets. Maybe conspiracy...
Wishy
AW = best thread's home.
Tshemmp
I really liked reading the threads there, truly entertaining :>
Stefan
Me wantz.
haha5957
support
Tenacious J

Devochka wrote:

xD osu! has nothing to hide, right? Or am I being too optimistic? Meh...

Me want!
Soaprman
This would be nice to have. Most of the things in there are complete garbage but some readable threads get binned once in a while. Also, sometimes I've had threads get wastelanded while I'm reading them and I click the next page and poof, it's gone.
Devochka_old

TenaciousJ728 wrote:

Devochka wrote:

xD osu! has nothing to hide, right? Or am I being too optimistic? Meh...

Me want!
That's being naive!
haha5957
Am i ok to bump this?

Bumping, AW has some informative posts in it and it's kinda nonsense that only authorized ppl can look on it while others can't.
peppy
Which posts are informative? I'm happy to move them out.
xann_old
The Tom69 thread was.
haha5957
exactly xann said , it's not like very productive - informative, but it kinda allows us to know why he got banned, etc. I know it's not really needed or something like that but still.
Tshemmp
regarding Tom: http://ask.fm/tom94

regarding AW:

Tshemmp wrote:

I really liked reading the threads there, truly entertaining :>
-----
Definitely support this. If the mod feel the need to delete a post they will going to just delete it anyway (e.g. nsfw contents).
It's not the same thing as to restrict a thread coz the said topic in the thread isn't worthy to discuss anymore.
Such locked threads can be really helpful to reference when discussing a wide range of topics, and to serve as a record of osu! history to everyone else here.(Yeah, people do learn from history, however dark it is)
Just make it accessible to us non mod players like before, but don't make it visible, and we need to make a rule about DON'T directly link/quote to content there on forum posts (possibly an L&W treatment if somebody did it intentionally), in order to refrain from those name-calling words and keep the discussion civil.
evanma
I agree with -----.

make it accessible but not visible.

Me's curious about what is inside.
theowest
Nothing of interest.
Wishy
Nappa's legacy is there.
Nessuka
Support, hiding it only makes for unfair mod/admin actions to take place easier.
Ekaru
Make it public again but change the url to something really obscure and don't tell us what it is just to screw with us. :P
Kyonko Hizara
Support
dkun

Ekaru wrote:

Make it public again but change the url to something really obscure and don't tell us what it is just to screw with us. :P
you sure this isn't already the case?
James2250

dkun wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

you sure this isn't already the case?
Oh you guys will never know, neverrrrr know. *ahem*

Also only about 0.1% of AW is ever worth reading so I don't really mind about this either way, I got some mild entertainment reading it years ago just to see what people could come up with.
Wishy
Then let everyone read it. :(
theowest
That's why it's hidden. It's so bad it doesn't deserve to be read.
In many cases it's something that shouldn't be read/discussed.
deadbeat

theowest wrote:

In many cases it's something that shouldn't be read/discussed.
that's true. a lot of things get moved there so people can't see them at all. making AW viewable again just defeats the purpose of it to some degree
TheVileOne
There could be links to hacking websites. I think that would be reason enough to keep the public from viewing it.
Raging Bull
Why can't they just delete threads? Or they can't?
Bass
I think removed threads from private forums like lounge or CAT subforum are moved there too, so that might be one of reasons too.
Wishy
Best threads are on AW.
theowest
I think we're never suppose to remove threads.
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
It'd probably be better if threads with unwanted content were deleted outright, while threads that were simply bad were moved to AW.

I don't actually support this request as much as I used to, but there's enough support that I might as well keep it open.
VoidnOwO
Open it to supporters :P
jemhuntr
^I'm definitely gonna buy supporter if this happens
show more