forum

The feeling about not being able to improve

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vello
Hey osu! community!
Ive been playing this game for over 1 year and I've had often the feeling that I just can't improve. I were always able to get rid of this feeling but since a few weeks I'm just not able to get rid of it. I tried to play the other gamemodes, didn't play osu! entirely, but it just wont go away. That feeling also changes my attitude i often rage, smash my table etc. But i really want to improve because it's just a nice feeling. I hope someone's got a tip for me to get rid of this feeling or something similar.
Almost
It's called being at a skill plateau. Everyone goes through these. The remedy is to simply play more.
Skagen
1# identity the things you are suck at (Streaming, Jumps, Fingercontroll .ect)
2# find a map you suck at
3# grind
4# check if you have improved the things you suck at

thats what i do when i hit the slums =_=
Gwelawyr
Usually if you "stuck" and don't improve it's probably because you do something bad so I would suggest you few thing?

A) Playing similar map over and over - That's a bad habit somehow you need something new! But there are few exceptions like if the map can IMPROVE you or you IMPROVE a ton on it every run just abuse it untill there no progress (But you need to be sure about it.)
Other exceptions it coould be the collection but spamming it too much it's bad that's why you want a big collection.

B) You need to challenge yourself a LOT but not STUPIDLY TOO if you do too many miss or too low accuracy it would be useless, that's why again you need a collection and to practice like trying to FC/IMPROVE on something like your own play style whatever fit you.
You need challenging map for a warm up with a bit of everything jump/stream/technical but not being TOO RUDE into it too.

C) You "probably?" don't ask any friend for help/map or YOU don't do any COLLECTION (Yes I know some 4 digit which don't do any collection.) with like : Stream/Jump/Techincal whatever you need EVERYTHING, and practice on them day by day.
Trying to fc a map or improve your score it's usefull for your consistency/accuracy/aim/reading whatever you want

D) Be sure to FOUND your OWN style every player have a differents play style, some player are good at stream some technical/jump
There are exceptions maybe you can become one of them how know?

E)It sound stupid but be sure to be sit correctly on your chair like it's not too "High" or "Low"? Not too sure about my english there, Your hands need to be comfy not hitting your desk/keyboard when you stream (Because of your chair height.)
Honestly it still happen to me time by time and that one of my reason of why my skill could "decrease" so I always be sure I am on the good height.

F) Trust on yourself be sure to have a good mental
If you have a bad mental saying "Oh I'm bad" Trust me your gonna have a BADDDDDD TIME and instead of progressing your skill gonna decrease a LOT or getting "STUCK" for a LONGGGGG PERIOD. Having a good mental really do help a ton and you should always ask yourself some "STUPID usefull" questions like : Is this map usefull to put on my collection to practice or it's just a ONE time map? Shit like that.
Don't be rude at yourself.
Never give up.
Enjoy the game that's a important part too.
Be sure to be around a good community and not a toxic one that do play with your mental too you want good friend yes it do sound stupid but that's a fact Ignore toxic people or laught at them.
Asking for help or suggestion/map it's not a problem if that can help you.
Remember that osu! it's a skill part that it like a "SPORT" you can't progress FAST LIKE SONIC it will take time.

If you want we can mutual and I will NOT MIND to help/talk to you IG