forum

[Proposal] Remove Normal-as-lowest-difficulty rules for 3:30+ maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cychloryn

osu!taiko RC wrote:

If you plan on using a Futsuu as the lowest difficulty of a mapset, it has to abide by the following rules and guidelines:

Proposal wrote:

If you plan on using a Futsuu as the lowest difficulty of a mapset and the drain time of each difficulty is lower than 3:30, it has to abide by the following rules and guidelines:

With a 3:30+ map, the RC permits the mapper to use Muzukashii as the lowest difficulty, without any restrictions beyond the regular Muzukashii rules/guidelines. But if the mapper decides to add a Futsuu, then it seems inconsistent to me that they would need to follow additional restrictions.

Edit: As pointed out by Seriawa Haruki, this proposal can also apply to equivalent cases in other game modes.

osu! RC wrote:

If you use a Normal difficulty as the lowest difficulty of your beatmapset, it should follow these guidelines in addition to the ones above

Proposal wrote:

If you use a Normal difficulty as the lowest difficulty of your beatmapset and the drain time of each difficulty is lower than 3:30, it should follow these guidelines in addition to the ones above

osu!mania RC wrote:

If Normal is the lowest difficulty of a beatmap set, it has to abide by these additional rules:

Proposal wrote:

If Normal is the lowest difficulty of a beatmap set and the drain time of each difficulty is lower than 3:30, it has to abide by these additional rules:

osu!mania RC wrote:

If Hard is the lowest difficulty of a beatmap set, it has to abide by these additional guidelines:

Proposal wrote:

If Hard is the lowest difficulty of a beatmap set and the drain time of each difficulty is lower than 4:15, it has to abide by these additional guidelines:
realy0_
mmm, fixing inconsistencies is generally appreciated so i agree with this
Serizawa Haruki
I also agree but this would apply for std too since there are Normal as the lowest diff guidelines in that mode as well:

Current RC wrote:

If you use a Normal difficulty as the lowest difficulty of your beatmapset, it should follow these guidelines in addition to the ones above

Proposal wrote:

If you use a Normal difficulty as the lowest difficulty of your beatmapset and the drain time of each difficulty is lower than 3:30, it should follow these guidelines in addition to the ones above
Nao Tomori
but there is also something saying that you dont need to follow spread guidelines if the diff is not needed since the diff is not included in "a reasonable spread"
Topic Starter
Cychloryn

Nao Tomori wrote:

but there is also something saying that you dont need to follow spread guidelines if the diff is not needed since the diff is not included in "a reasonable spread"

I'm having trouble finding this in the RC. Can someone point out if this is explicitly stated?
UndeadCapulet
pretty sure nao's mistaken

uh but yeah wording here's a bit dated cuz the lowestdiff normal requirements were written before the drain time requirements, so fixing this makes sense. i do wish for a more elegantly written requirement than having to stack the drain time thing on top of it, though, but idk how to fix that ^^'
tatatat
Why isn't there restrictions on Hard difficulties as the lowest diff? They shouldn't be overly hard either.
pishifat
pishifat
merged