forum

[Archived] Osu deleting multiple maps for no reason

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ferexis
Problem details:
When i came back from school today i didn't notice it at first, but actually
there were only 350 of my 13k maps (13000) left.
I had this problem before once so I knew that i can just put the songs folder in the Osu! folder again and which results reloading them.
However reloading 13k maps is pretty inconvenient and I dont want to do that on a monthly basis

The worst thing about this:
-Especially new players who encounter this problem will probably not come back to this game.
-New Mappers who don't know that Osu! isnt actually deleting the maps, just not detecting them will think that they're maps which aren't uploaded and maybe have a lot of work in them are gone forever and will stop mapping

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
well i don't have a video of this since it happend over night when i closed Osu! and reopened it

osu! version: Stable 20191006.1 (latest)
Death
No need to put the maps back into your Songs folder manually, usually hitting F5 on the song selection screen fixes this. No mapping process is losed.

Deleting the osu!.db file in your osu! folder while you have the game closed also fixes the issue, and usually prevents it from happening again too often. This doesn't usually happen to newer players because this seems to be caused by corruption of the previously mentioned osu!.db file, and that typically doesn't happen to people with very few maps (or if it does, it isn't noticeable).
Topic Starter
Ferexis
Alright Thanks! :3