forum

Streaming with more keys. [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +19
show more
theowest

Sakura wrote:

If this is implemented, then we will need mice with more buttons too. Or do you want to force all mouse only users to use the keyboard too?
but nobody wants it implemented!! Just put an [invalid] on this please..
Topic Starter
Phenomz
If adding this means maps with stupidly fast streams then I don't want it.

@Sakura High-skilled mouseonly streamers... haha, there are like what... 3 or 5? they do have their limits, I know few.
rofl@taNa doing rapture+dt
[Sean]
I'm supporting this for the sake of knowing that more keys would make it easier. Coming from Stepmania to osu!, having the option of two layouts of keys does make it much easier. But since we have one hand on a mouse, and one hand on the keyboard, having 3, or even 4 keys to stream with would make it easier for most.

For those that don't think that to be the case, place your hand on the desk or on the keyboard, and tap with your tapping fingers as fast as possible. Now do it with four fingers, and go pinky finger to index. If you can, you should notice you're taping four times out of sync, but going from pinky to index you're tapping faster then just your two tapping fingers. Now if you were able to learn to do the lot of it in sync? Well... you theoretically could stream twice as fast. But physically you'd end up being roughly 50% faster.

I use both keyboard and mouse, but I know of people that could easily benefit from this, both tablet and mouse users.

Also, implementing the possibility for it with taiko would make the pro's OP. Just sayin'. +1 from me.
jesse1412

[Sean] wrote:

I'm supporting this for the sake of knowing that more keys would make it easier. Coming from Stepmania to osu!, having the option of two layouts of keys does make it much easier. But since we have one hand on a mouse, and one hand on the keyboard, having 3, or even 4 keys to stream with would make it easier for most.

For those that don't think that to be the case, place your hand on the desk or on the keyboard, and tap with your tapping fingers as fast as possible. Now do it with four fingers, and go pinky finger to index. If you can, you should notice you're taping four times out of sync, but going from pinky to index you're tapping faster then just your two tapping fingers. Now if you were able to learn to do the lot of it in sync? Well... you theoretically could stream twice as fast. But physically you'd end up being roughly 50% faster.

I use both keyboard and mouse, but I know of people that could easily benefit from this, both tablet and mouse users.

Also, implementing the possibility for it with taiko would make the pro's OP. Just sayin'. +1 from me.
This thread just needs to be locked. Learn to play like the rest of us and stop complaining about how hard it is to be fast.
Topic Starter
Phenomz

jesus1412 wrote:

This thread just needs to be locked. Learn to play like the rest of us and stop complaining about how hard it is to be fast.
Or why not you (who already said you doesn't support this and stated the reasons of why) gtfo here?
deadbeat

deadbeat wrote:

theowest wrote:

seems like most people hate this idea.

let's scrap it.
i agree with this. please just stop posting here if your gonna complain about how bad you think this idea is. if you want to support it. then thats fine, but please include the reason as too why you support. or this can just get locked. your call
reposting this and hoping that people will see it this time >_>
TheVileOne
I was going to support this idea, but then I realized that it would give tablet users ever more of an advantage over mouse users. They shouldn't be able to click with a separate key and be able to draw with the tablet.
theowest

TheVileOne wrote:

I was going to support this idea, but then I realized that it would give tablet users ever more of an advantage over mouse users. They shouldn't be able to click with a separate key and be able to draw with the tablet.
this is more of a disadvantage, for everyone.
Renard_old
no support
[Sean]

jesus1412 wrote:

Or you could stop being retarded and think you know best and shut up? People play how they want to. Peppy has even quoted that mouse is the only real way to play osu!, does that mean he must restrict tablet and touch screen users? No. User preference is key in osu!, and simple minded twats like you are why we have these stupid mouse vs. tablet fights in the first place.

People play how they want to play, so why not let them do so.

And before you say anything, I can stream 210 alternating X and Left click. Not accurately, but I can. I don't need this, I can see the usefulness in it though.
theowest
sean, calm down. nobody likes this feature request
this is also a good time to lock this thread.
Aqo
If osu supported unranked play this could be added as an unranked option to play around with for fun, but there's no way this can be added for official play in any way as it has too big of an impact on the physical possibilities of what you can do.
jesse1412
I don't think that you understand that streaming 270 bpm IS NOT EASY to do accurately. The reason I do not support this is that it would make these streams which many people (myself included) have invested HUGE amounts of time into learning, trivial.

The only legit argument I can fathom here is that tablet tap + x can allow players to stream these speeds relatively easily in comparison to keyboard/mouseonly but even then it requires an incredible amount more accuracy to be able to use properly and I only know of a few players who have truly mastered it. The reason this is a shitty idea is because of the fact it would make streams on this level EASY once you learn how much you need to press for a certain bpm. The argument that it would require more skill to be accurate on slower maps is completely null and void because if you really want to you can use 2keys for the part which doesn't involve streams.

I support this as an unranked mod but other than that this literally does cry "streams take too much effort. Make them easier".

PS: If you truly don't want to get thread locked stop getting angry at me.
Renard_old
train enough and it will be >>> I don't think that you understand that streaming 270 bpm IS NOT EASY to do accurately <<<
if u want to do 250 easy u should train until u can same with 270
jemhuntr
i want to bump this. there are just some beats that are easier to stream with three or four fingers. furthermore, some people just aren't capable of high speed streaming with just two fingers. if training really improves one's streaming speed, that could mean white wolf/cookiezi/other pro dudes can stream 1/4's at 500+++bpm. or maybe they do...? :o

[Sean] wrote:

Or you could stop being retarded and think you know best and shut up? People play how they want to. Peppy has even quoted that mouse is the only real way to play osu!, does that mean he must restrict tablet and touch screen users? No. User preference is key in osu!, and simple minded twats like you are why we have these stupid mouse vs. tablet fights in the first place.
^^ if you do better with three fingers, use it. otherwise use only two.
having it unranked is pointless, since people can do ranked plays with three buttons, using their current workarounds.

theowest wrote:

nobody likes this feature request
not anymore :p

also, keyboard bindings have nothing to do with tablet/mouse users.

I'M GONNA PUT MY ONE AND ONLY ONE STAR TO THIS THREAD DAMMIT
i actually hoped to be able to celebrate that star's first birthday on february19.

Edit: some more emphasis
Aqo
Please lock this thread...
jesse1412

Aqo wrote:

MillhioreF
As dumb and unlikely to be implemented as this request is, it's still technically valid, so we gotta wait for a dev to officially deny it.
TheVileOne
I don't really think this is valid. A lot of pros would:

A: Complain that maps are too easy now that they can use three fingers
B: Refuse to use the extra key and complain that it's not fair to force a different playstyle on them that makes maps easier to play, and people who use the third key don't deserve to be on the leaderboard. This would be the Easy mod discussion all over again.
C: Rant about it in the chats and make a feature request to remove it.

I think that's more than enough reason to deny this. Features added to the game should not negatively affect the experiences of other players. The don't like it, don't use it argument does not work, because purposefully handicapping yourself is neither a valid way of playing the game, or better than the current behaviour. Imagine telling someone to single tap if you don't like double tapping keys. Also just because like so many people can stream faster by hitting the mouse button, doesn't mean it should be the accepted standard of playing the game.

I'm considering marking this regardless. People are only going to complain.
Zare

jesus1412 wrote:

Aqo wrote:

Kitokofox
I personally think that mappers should be making maps that are generally passable with two buttons. osu! is a rhythm game, and not a button mash fest. This is why I stay away from those extreme deathstream maps when I play standard. It's not fun anymore beyond that point.

Oh, and to put a final nail in the coffin, mouses generally have only two buttons. Adding a third or fourth key would make it unfair for mouse players.
theowest
It was actually kind of sweet being able to use more than 2 buttons with this program t/117038
I didn't use more than 2 keys, but I were able to use any keyboard key I wanted and I liked that (without having to go to the options and change them). But I think there should be a limit to just use 2 keys at a time.

Tablet users can even use their pen as their third "key".
Aqo

theowest wrote:

Tablet users can even use their pen as their third "key".
And mouse users can use 4 keys apparently.

Except no, not really. just lock this thread
theowest
Technically yes, but nobody ever does. Which is why this shouldn't be added, it's simply not useful for anyone except maybe t/117232
VoidnOwO

Slowpoke wrote:

KeyTweak and PIEFree? What are they for?
Cheating is wrong.
deadbeat
ok. i'm just going to lock and deny this. it's pretty clear that people don't want this. a dev is free to reopen this if he feels that this is still valid, but until that happens. thread over