forum

Option to back old taiko interface

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +38
Topic Starter
Kin
With the new taiko interface, some taiko player are like, can't pass some song ...
Then i'll just send 1 screen + replay and look why I want to back to old taiko window

New taiko window :

Replay : http://puu.sh/12017

standard window :

Replay : http://puu.sh/1204I

Old taiko window :

Replay : http://puu.sh/1206s

Well you can see screen resolution can highly change some player ...
peppy
Have you tried setting a black desktop wallpaper and pretending it is the black bars in the "old" widescreen? :P
Topic Starter
Kin

peppy wrote:

Have you tried setting a black desktop wallpaper and pretending it is the black bars in the "old" widescreen? :P
Well I will try

edit : nothing has change ;__;
Cristian
Maby not going back, just disable this option, for me the new feature is just awesome.
Topic Starter
Kin
Not really going back, but just add an option for use old screen resolution
It's awesome for you but for me it's horrible, now I can't play taiko
BrokenArrow
Have all my stars
peppy
This is going nowhere unless I understand how you can possible do worse with the changes.
nanoRL

Kinzo wrote:

It's awesome for you but for me it's horrible, now I can't play taiko
that was my first thought after 5 terrible plays after update
old style > 4:3 window > 16:9

i dont have any motivation trying to learn how to play with 4:3. for non-taiko players it seems to be the same, for some taiko players its like a new game

EDIT: so i just played a map which i use for practice 5 times. before update i used to have about between 10 and 20 fails and an average of like 92% Acc. in those 5 plays i did minutes ago i had an average of about 30-35 fails and 89% Acc ( once even got a C :( ).
Makar
It's probably because you are used to looking at the edge of the screen. Now that the notes appear earlier, the "offset" which the notes are supposed to be hit after you usually see them is different.

So, my advice is to put your focus more on wherever you had it in respect to the taiko drum instead of to the right side of the screen or left. Before the HD+HR fix I couldnt play at all with HD because of when the notes disappeared, but I got used to it.

It's just something you will need to get used to, the change is good in the long run.
Topic Starter
Kin

Makar wrote:

It's probably because you are used to looking at the edge of the screen.
Yes that true, I played only hard rock on taiko diff then my eyes look the border.

Makar wrote:

Now that the notes appear earlier, the "offset" which the notes are supposed to be hit after you usually see them is different.
Note appear earlier, I clic earlier then I miss.

Makar wrote:

Before the HD+HR fix I couldnt play at all with HD because of when the notes disappeared, but I got used to it.
It's true HR+HD was really hard, but only HD is possible

Makar wrote:

It's just something you will need to get used to
Then we need to start at 0 like newbie ?
Makar
You act like you have lost all experience - it shouldn't take but a couple weeks to properly adjust. The only thing you have to change is where you look at the screen
TimeWalker
I'm not the very best Taiko player but I play this mode a lot so I was used to the 4:3 too. Seriously, I've only played like 2-3 maps and I already adapted the new Taiko widescreen window with the same level I was before, maybe even better than before now. (The really fast maps are a bit easier now)
I can't understand why some people have such a big issue with that.
lepidopodus
To be honest I don't agree with this so much.
BrokenArrow
Okay, I have to take back everything I said about this update.
It's just a matter of time (for me it took ~2 days) to get used to the new widescreen support, now I can play normally again just like before.
I want my stars back ;w;
bwross
Yeah, It just takes time to get used to. I never really got used to the old osu!taiko short track (being too used to longer tracks from other taiko games... the short track always felt hard on my eyes), so I was quick to get used to the long track. I just wish it didn't require backing up to the options to set the resolution to get the long track whenever I want to play a taiko diff (so if I was going to support going to a single taiko interface, it would be for the same long track on all aspects).
RBRat3
Tape a piece of black construction paper at the edge of the screen, BAM!!! instant 4:3
Ahmi
For me, unless the BPM is very low, having a wider play field with notes approaching faster is harder. Actually, I do better on 640x480 windowed than I did on 1920x1080 before the change, but playing on windowed mode breaks the "immersion" and makes me feel like I'm playing some crappy browser game.
Songs with fast BPM are basically unplayable for me unless I play in 4:3 now, because I already had problems playing beatmaps with high approach rate, and my screen is really bad (it keeps smearing if something moves quickly, and the quicker it is, the worse it becomes, so as you can guess, the wide screen support worsened the issue).
peppy
Are you talking about Hard Rock? This is the only mode where beats approach faster.
Ahmi
The notes move faster after the update, because they need to pass a longer distance within the same time.
Of course I do have as much time to look at them as I used to, however my screen is really crappy, and any increase in speed causes the smearing to get worse (I'm not even sure if that's the correct word). I've had issues with some maps before the change because of that, but the wide screen support increased the number of those.
peppy
Are you talking about Hard Rock mode? This is the only mode where the speed of circles has changed.
lolcubes

Ahmi wrote:

The notes move faster after the update, because they need to pass a longer distance within the same time.
Of course I do have as much time to look at them as I used to, however my screen is really crappy, and any increase in speed causes the smearing to get worse (I'm not even sure if that's the correct word). I've had issues with some maps before the change because of that, but the wide screen support increased the number of those.
I suppose you are talking about screen tearing. This is usually caused when the FPS of something is generally too high for your screen, have you tried using FPS limiters?
Topic Starter
Kin

RBRat3 wrote:

Tape a piece of black construction paper at the edge of the screen, BAM!!! instant Standard wide screen
edit :

peppy wrote:

This is going nowhere unless I understand how you can possible do worse with the changes.
Then, when you play taiko, some player look only one part of the screen, like this : http://puu.sh/164yn
But now it's totallity other thing, there is 2 object who move : http://puu.sh/164AD
Then if you look at the same spot after update, you hit all note earlier
then all gameplay have changed

2nd edit : It's like make a screen more Hight on ctb
Mithos
It takes like an hour to adjust and when you adjust it gets easier because you have more time to see notes.
senkai
ehe the new taiko interface seemed like a new game to me.... very hard to adjust.... my pp is continously decreasing this time T T.....
...... it just took me some time in adjusting lol :cry:
TheVileOne
Is this even still relevant anymore?

This doesn't seem like a valid approach to a feature request.
bwross
Maybe it should be generalized to allowing people to choose their track length regardless of their current resolution's aspect? So people could choose a longer or shorter track without having to mess with changing their resolution to do it. Because that's something I can support, and is certainly more valid than the original, which is more of a request for a toggle of an added feature.
peppy
I'm pretty sure people have adapted now. All original posts were made in the first week after implementation, which is generally the period where people are still getting used to change, and can safely be ignored.