forum

Option to revert taiko to not-widescreen mode. [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
1miko1
I am ready to face peppy's baseball bat.
mm201
Set a 4x3 res.
Ahmi
But then it won't cover my whole screen.
peppy
Win some lose some.

With an opening post like that, I can't say I feel compelled to give you any attention. Try providing some reasoning behind your request, at very least (and avoid throwing insults and threatening violence on individuals).
Luna
I don't think he was threatening you, just referencing how you once stated that you'd come to peoples' houses with a baseball bat if they request toggles for new features :D
peppy
LOL, okay, I misread. Even so, reasoning is good.
boat

peppy wrote:

Win some lose some.

With an opening post like that, I can't say I feel compelled to give you any attention. Try providing some reasoning behind your request, at very least (and avoid throwing insults and threatening violence on individuals).
More notes on the screen does not necessarily give you an advantage. It compares to a low approach rate on standard difficulties, and that not necessarily being at all easier or more efficient than for instance AR9. Surely you can get used to it, but just suddenly completely changing gameplay mechanics will have a severe impact on everyones performance. There is a reason for why most taiko players play windowed and on a small resolution, as being able to see the whole playfield without having to glance to the sides makes the gameplay far more efficient, or at least, loads easier on the eyes. At least I personally prefer to have a tiny bit smaller field of view rather than having a truckload of confusion on the screen, but I nearly always use HR so I suppose my opinion is mildly biased due to preferring higher approach rates.

In any case, I don't really care about the change as long as you wont alter the playfield on 4:3 resolutions. Rather fix the dumb errors with random skin elements popping up here and there. As it is of now, the whole gamemode is unplayable when you suddenly get transparent, invisible, wrong colored e.t.c notes appearing for no reason.