forum

[resolved] Awarded minus pp for a higher score?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Joltie
Problem details:
I got -700 and something rank for improving a recent top play on the 'Extra' difficulty of this map. https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/748291#osu/1582674 .
Is this just the scoring system lagging and awarding me previous ranks or did I do something wrong? It is even listed as my third top play now.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
I can give whatever is needed but I don't have any relevant pictures.

osu! version: Stable 20191006.1 (latest)
Death
It is possible to overwrite a previous score with worse accuracy or combo using the same mod combination, causing you to lose performance points.

I don't have a reference for your previous score though, so I can't tell you if that is the case. If you did see a loss that large though, that's possibly what happened.
Topic Starter
Joltie
I had about 20 less than a full combo, no mod. The second pass was a full combo, no mod. I don't think it should have gone down that much because it is an FC above my normal level. Any advice?
Magnus Cosmos
If your previous play was higher accuracy, there's a chance it could've been worth more, other than that, it might be ranks lagging
Topic Starter
Joltie

Magnus Cosmos wrote:

If your previous play was higher accuracy, there's a chance it could've been worth more, other than that, it might be ranks lagging

Would it have been worth 700 ranks more at my current rank though? I think it might have to be the latter.
Death
Take a picture of the results screen for both of the plays (Shift+F12 in game) and post them here. We cannot tell you what the issue is without that at the very least.

At your current rank, a 700 rank difference is not that much pp.
Topic Starter
Joltie

Death wrote:

Take a picture of the results screen for both of the plays (Shift+F12 in game) and post them here. We cannot tell you what the issue is without that at the very least.

At your current rank, a 700 rank difference is not that much pp.

How do I access the first play now that I've overwritten it with the better one using the same (no) mods?
Death
Should still be in your local rankings in game.
Topic Starter
Joltie
Death
The first play was worth about 174pp, the second play is worth 158pp due to its lower accuracy. So you did end up losing a bit of performance points, likely causing your rank to go down as well.
Topic Starter
Joltie
Thanks so much then!