forum

Problem with alternating

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fenie
So, i have been single tapping my whole osu carrer, but last idk 6months maybe i have problem with my fingers.
When i start to single tap with middle finger i feel pain, when i tap with index i feel like my thumb need to be somewhere so its jumping all around my hand or start to push keyboard. Dont ask me why i have no clue :|
So i started to alternate and its going pretty good, but i have one problem with starting streams, i have always been doing it with my middle finger so its hard for me to start it with index, someone maybe had that issue?
Any tips at fixing that would be heplful. I will also add that 90% of my carrier i was single tapping with middle finger, so thats why i have this habbit.
Sorry for my bad english if there are any spelling mistakes.

EDIT: I will also add that this is very annoying when there is multiple triples.
XxduckpigxX
This probably means your middle finger/ring and/or pinky finger is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too tense. Try to loosen your playing style a bit.
Topic Starter
Fenie

XxduckpigxX wrote:

This probably means your middle finger/ring and/or pinky finger is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too tense. Try to loosen your playing style a bit.

Thats probably the case, here is a photo of how it looks, but still i cant controll this lul
https://imgur.com/a/8eXAxg9
Ayayano
I play alternate, have since the beginning, but I only start bursts and streams on my middle finger, it works out for me pretty fine, if your issue is the pains associated with that then just try playing easier maps and focusing on alting fully
Gwelawyr
Hmm.
I use to play alternate since the beginning I tried to learn singletap for one year because some friend suggest me but in the end it was a waste of time for me so I just back to alternate.
On alternate I just got a issue like 2 months ago EVERYYYYYYYY SINGLE stream/burst my hands just "STOP" working not wanting to move or to hit anything so basicly it go into 300 300 100 50 miss. or 100 50 miss basicly.
What I did? I just go into this website : https://ckrisirkc.github.io/osuStreamSpeed.js/newindex.html
I tried to stream in 20 50 key with index/middle I always got no matter what 150 ur+
Then I tried index and ring and somehow I got 70-50 ur. So from that I just stick into it and got overall better at everything so maybe it should be the same case for you who know you just have to try and see.

Second if your hands hurt too much you should stop playing or take a break that's not good for your muscle.

Again a stupid thing : CHECK YOUR CHAIR HEIGHT that could play a LOT for your finger/hands which it do to me.

About stream you should just kept alternating like normally and not going into some "Mix/singletap" which I don't and if you do that would be like mixing single/alternate from X patern which X player did like "HAUHAU" on the past I think

But was I can see at your rank, you don't have to play INTENSEEEEEEE stuff be probably more gentle to yourself? But still challenge yourself obviously.

Free to add me was friend if you wanna discuss about it more in game or whatever you want I don't mind.
Topic Starter
Fenie

Gwelawyr wrote:

Hmm.
I use to play alternate since the beginning I tried to learn singletap for one year because some friend suggest me but in the end it was a waste of time for me so I just back to alternate.
On alternate I just got a issue like 2 months ago EVERYYYYYYYY SINGLE stream/burst my hands just "STOP" working not wanting to move or to hit anything so basicly it go into 300 300 100 50 miss. or 100 50 miss basicly.
What I did? I just go into this website : https://ckrisirkc.github.io/osuStreamSpeed.js/newindex.html
I tried to stream in 20 50 key with index/middle I always got no matter what 150 ur+
Then I tried index and ring and somehow I got 70-50 ur. So from that I just stick into it and got overall better at everything so maybe it should be the same case for you who know you just have to try and see.

Second if your hands hurt too much you should stop playing or take a break that's not good for your muscle.

Again a stupid thing : CHECK YOUR CHAIR HEIGHT that could play a LOT for your finger/hands which it do to me.

About stream you should just kept alternating like normally and not going into some "Mix/singletap" which I don't and if you do that would be like mixing single/alternate from X patern which X player did like "HAUHAU" on the past I think

But was I can see at your rank, you don't have to play INTENSEEEEEEE stuff be probably more gentle to yourself? But still challenge yourself obviously.

Free to add me was friend if you wanna discuss about it more in game or whatever you want I don't mind.

I played a little and it seems problem is half gone, by half i mean i dont have any problem starting stream with my middle finger now, but sometimes my index finger is starting stream because is used to go after middle, when this happen my stream looks like this: 50,50,50,100,100,miss,miss,miss...dead :|. This happen even on low BPM streams because my fingers are just locking them selfs. Worst part is when it happens on 3 burst because i hit 2 of them, and when its time for third my index just looks at me and says "naaah that boring, dont want to do that" :| I think that this problem will be gone after few months.

I used this website that you posted, my ur is around 80-100 but on graph i see something weird that i dont understand, didnt even try with ring finger + [post finger name here] because i already tried it when i saw beasttroll play like this, aaaaaaaaaaanddd it was worst choice ever xD

Here is graph i hope somebody will understand: https://imgur.com/a/ROUkzgY