forum

stream help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Combo Breaker
I need help streaming long series of notes. Orz. For the first few seconds, I would be able to get constant 300's, then my score will start dropping from 300 to 100 to 50 to miss pretty god damn fast. I don't see a problem since I feel like I'm alternating z and x at a relatively constant speed...I tried again using the auto pilot mod and same thing happened. Anyone know a good way to get your stream beat to be more constant?
eldnl
play ctb
Kanye West
Short answer: practice.

Long answer: Get a feel for how fast different BPMs are. This once again takes practice
G0r
Practice... but, one thing that I found actually helped me a lot, surprisingly, is spam clicking during breaks as if I were streaming. Pay attention to your clicks as you spam them, and try to even them out. Watch the cursor as it pulses and make sure none of the pulses are out of rhythm or overlapping. If you are following the rhythm of the song, this can be an excellent way to prepare your fingers for upcoming streams, and it causes you to get used to evenly making repeated alternating clicks. It sounds like a silly thing, but it honestly helped me a lot, because it's almost like you're streaming the whole way through a break, which adds a lot of practice time.
FRANDOK3
vasline
laport
Aloë Vera, also safe for internal use

Also playing an instrument or having played one can help you with your feel of rythm. but maybe it's a matter of you either have that or not.
Topic Starter
Combo Breaker
blagh. alright. i guess the general consensus is just to spam play lol. and yea. i've played piano and violin before. but it's been a long while since i touched either lol.
Sup A Noob
There're no shortcuts for skills, only hard work.
Tom69_old
Try to simulate a timekeeper, i.e. try to press harder with one of your 2 fingers so you hear better if you're in rythm.
You might be able to hear it in this video.. it's a bit hard to hear though
G0r
I play click/x, so when I'm doing some maneuvers, such as streaming, I hit one key on my keyboard along with clicking. I find that sometimes I can hit that key pretty damn loudly, lol. I dunno if it's for the sound or for emphasis, but one time I was showing my friend how I play, and I started out on the song slowly, because it had a slow beginning, so I was just clicking my mouse, and then when the first fast part started I slammed my finger down on my keyboard without thinking about it, and I think he jumped a foot in the air, lmao.