forum

[Archived] Bluetooth sound headset desynch problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pingal1ty
Problem details:I bought new bluetooth headset and seems everything is fine except for the circle/slider sounds in game, they come with a huge delay, the delay is like 1 circle behind what I am playing. to understand the issue, let's say I click 3 circles, when I click the first circle I hear nothing, when I click the 2nd circle I am hearing the sound feedback from the 1st, when I click the 3rd circle I am hearing the sound of the 2nd and when I am not clicking anything I am hearing the sound from the 3rd circle. I made sure this is not skin or map related since I tried with a bunch and never had this issue before, its something with the headset, I also watched some youtube video to see if the delay between audio and video is in the bluetooth protocol, the headset, my windows, etc, but its not, its the game, concretely the way the circle/slider/spinner sounds are being handled, in-game I can hear perfectly synched the songs when clicking / changing etc all is good (afaik) except the hitsounds. Anything like this did happen before?

Video or screenshot showing the problem: I can't show screenshot for this, obviously.

osu! version: Stable 20190924.2 (latest)

Headset is Netway Beatles. Code product NW1677
Dntm8kmeeatu
Bluetooth devices will always have a delay. You honestly probably just only actually notice it in osu! where timing is key. I really don't recommend Bluetooth/Wireless Headphones for gaming, especially Rhythm games.
Topic Starter
pingal1ty

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Bluetooth devices will always have a delay. You honestly probably just only actually notice it in osu! where timing is key. I really don't recommend Bluetooth/Wireless Headphones for gaming, especially Rhythm games.

I tried in shooter game, where sound synch is key too and didn't notice, also bluetooth can add delay, how much, a few miliseconds? not 1 whole second honestly. Also music and rest of sounds play perfectly, I think you didn't read the whole post, just throw random answer
feiks

pingal1ty wrote:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

I tried in shooter game, where sound synch is key too and didn't notice, also bluetooth can add delay, how much, a few miliseconds? not 1 whole second honestly. Also music and rest of sounds play perfectly, I think you didn't read the whole post, just throw random answer

Well, they add about from 150ms to 500ms and upwards of lag to the audio. Its not recommended to play with bluetooth headphones, like Dntm8kmeeatu said. Even cheap wired headphones/earbuds will do better than bluetooth headphones. I personally use the earphones that came with my samsung s9, which work very well.