forum

Realm of the Mad God

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite

The Mad God Oryx has transported you to his realm as food for his vile minions. Will you proceed quietly to your fate or fight back?

Realm of the Mad God is a massively co-op action RPG that drops you into the thick of the fight in a world overwhelmed by monsters. The game features online co-op gameplay in a huge world, hundreds of enemies, real-time combat, leveling, loot, equipment and magic.

The closest gametype I can really compare this to is an MMOShmup, as enemies charge at you firing their weapons until either you die or they die. During the course of this game, you will die. Preferably not a lot, but you will die. Whenever you actually do kick the bucket, all of your equipment and stats are lost forever. To some, this may be fun breaking, however, it also subtly encourages you to try out new classes, as new classes of characters are unlocked after reaching certain levels with other classes.

So what do you do? Relatively speaking, whatever you like. Killing enemies, great or small, eventually causes Oryx, the mad guy in the game, to summon th entire mass of inhabitants in the world to his realm. That being said, unless you have higher tiered equipment and are at level 20, you probably won't last long against him and his minions.

Oh, right. Installation. Well, funnily enough, there is an executable on Steam, including achievements if you're into that sorta thing, but this game doesn't actually need to be installed. it can be run from a flash .swf right in your browser! See below:

http://www.realmofthemadgod.com/

So yeah. Does anybody else play this fun little game?
Dafydd
Wow i kinda like the gameplay.
Minuano
Yeah, I used to play it a lot, I still do but not nearly as much anymore.

I really only used the Wizard class, I'm horrible with the rest of the classes haha.
Elit3noob
*BUMP*

Been playing for around 2 months, and just found out about this thread here lol.
I f#$%'ing love this game! but recently I have died with crystal wand with Sorcerer +T12 robe +T5 sceptre +exalted def ring : :cry:
My favourite classes are the ones than can wield staffs and wands because I don't like the low range on the bows and swords. I am the leader of my own guild 'Nightcore' and I play on the asian servers.

btw have you tried out the new ninja class, I hear it's pretty awesome :D
[DG2L]YungYeezy
Been playing since it came out on Steam. I don't play as much as I used to during the summer, but yeah, I still put some time into it. I'm rank 19, Founder of my own guild, play on the USMidwest2 Server, and I still have not achieved much. Sure, I can kill gods and stand up against Oyrx and Oryx 2, but I have never obtained a white bag or maxed a stat. Oh well.