forum

Coop CtB!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +408
show more
Kako
cool! 8-) i will be first ctb coop-mapper
eldnl
Sounds like a great idea! Support :P
benguin
This sounds like a good idea, it has my support. I'd be interesting to see CTB-specific tag4 maps, hehe.
Nezzah

Shana wrote:

I SAW THIS MOD IS ALREADY DO IN THE FUTURE.
I saw this too ! Support.
This was really funny xD
Mercurial
Con pros, contras y todo eso.

Still supporting.
Seph
w/e i have an extra star
peppy
Latency makes it a bit hard to achieve, unfortunately.
Laharl
How disappointing. D:
eldnl

peppy wrote:

how you did it in standard?
Corin
Star'd

I was thinking about that for a while.
XEPCOH
We can simply divide the screen by so many parts as players play (but max 4), if there are 6 players playing, the screen divides by 3 and 2 players are in same zone, if there are 8 - the screen divides by 4.
Kitokofox
I'd support this but I used my votes to jump-start eldnl's suggestion. But still, you got my support here too!

peppy wrote:

What I was thinking, is that Player 1's movement is independent of Player 2's. So Player 2 can move freely with their own ghost image of their catcher. Player 1's catcher will still be visible, latency will indeed make it difficult for it to show Player 2 exactly how well they're doing. It'll still show the combo and result score like in Osu! mode, though, even if the catcher displaying on Player 2's end isn't exactly catching it on their end. And when it's player 2's turn, Player 2 will have the ability to catch the fruits of the next combo. Then Player 1 has their catcher as a ghost. Doing this should eliminate the effect latency has on the actual game play, I think.
Kurokami
I support this. I want to try out. :3
Zak
Really hoping this is implemented soon, would love to play some super hard maps coop (Also it should be done the same as it was for standard.)
TheVileOne
Seems very gimmicky to me. I mean more than Tag already is. I mean sure it sounds like a good idea, but then I think about how much reliance you would need to have on your tagmates to put you in a proper position, and tag's nature makes for blocky, cumbersome, unnatural movements, which do not translate into good CTB playing.

Is it really worth the effort to get it to work?
MillhioreF
So apparently this actually is possible! You just select coop tag in osu!standard mode of the multi lobby, then choose a CTB-specific diff. It's way buggy and hard to control, but still fun as hell:
Topic Starter
VelperK
Well the point of this thread is to actually fix it!
Kazuo
ahahaha, seens fun
Drafura
Well the problem actually is when it's not your turn then you see autoplay playing, not your mates. If this is accepted I could try to make some ctb tag maps. If the latency is the real problem of making this works good (and we all know how much timing is important in CtB) it could be a good idea to think about another style of gameplay for tagcoop games. Maybe more than one ryuuta could be fun, maybe dividing screen as Don Omar have proposed could be fun too... Another idea could be throw "ailments" to the other players (Like switching left and right arrow, or making the ryuuta smaller) it's not a coop but it's another kind of multiplaying discuss.

eldnl wrote:

peppy wrote:

how you did it in standard?
You can see the latency in standard. I usually see the other players getting misses just after a hard pattern and never in the hard pattern. In fact they miss in the hard pattern and you only see them missing the next fruits, this due to latency. You don't see your mates playing, you only see their miss (and not each time in the good object) when your computer receive the information that they've missed.
Zak
Really wanna see this get done.
Kitokofox
Bumping this up due to the star count.

anyway, for a short time, there was a bit of thing (bug? feature?) in osu!'s programming that allowed Coop in all modes. When it wasn't the player's turn, auto would play the map for you until it's your turn, missing things accordingly if your teammates miss (just not visible on your end until it happens) But surprisingly enough, this worked amazingly well for CtB. Me, and a group of friends, had an actual, true, round of TAG COOP in CTB, without interruptions, problems, auto would leave you right there in the middle of the first fruit you needed to catch and lets you go on your merry way to fail or succeed. I was baffled, and excited! then day(s) later, it was removed, and I cried in bed. Because really, it worked, bug or no bug. I WANT THIS.
Kurokami
Yap, it could be implemented with the same warnings before your turn as in standard.
dani
+1 on this ;)
yanQQ
How do you know which combos are different?
Toasty-kun
This has like 300 supports. Does anyone even pay attention to these?
-[Cow]-
10/10 would play
[BegBone]
I support this to the extreme!
LastExceed
Maybe this would finally make me start playing CTB. Unfortunately I already spent all my stars on o!m mirror...
EL-S
this would be great, especially if you could both play at the same time. I'm imagining ctb maps with notes at the same time that would be impossible without two players
Edgar_Figaro

Ezzaro14 wrote:

This has like 300 supports. Does anyone even pay attention to these?
Honestly I am under the opinion that more stars doesn't make something get implemented with any higher priority than other features. Just that a feature needs a certain threshold of stars to show there is a community want and not just 1 or 2 people. I've seen items with much lower star priority that have only been a suggestion for a short period of time get introduced while some have been around for years with over 4000 stars. In the end of the day it's Peppys decision if an item gets added or not. Heck he adds plenty of items that I am sure no one ever put in as a feature request. (Not that they aren't appreciated after being added) I think people confuse star priority as a democratic voting system. Think of it more of a petition with signed names.
Kyozoru
Omg it would be awesome :D
f f
gletto
I'd love to see this implemented you could be locally playing or online trying to catch fruit with other people