forum

[resolved] All notes turn gray after missing with SD in taiko MP [confirmed]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
boat
As it is right now all it does is make everything gray just like it would in standard, which is obviously quite silly as you'll have no clue of what to hit.

Even though this could be used similarly as spunout (for unranked play), it would be multiplayer exclusive which at least I find to pretty much justify it.

You got the choice of playing after missing in standard, zero reason to make the map completely unplayable just because it's taiko.

How to replicate:
1. Play Taiko with Sudden Death mod
2. Miss a note
3. Grey notes everywhere, preventing the player from telling the difference between red and blue notes.
Archangel Tirael
And as in this case to determine what a hit to the taiko to be done? Don or kat?
Topic Starter
boat
Archangel Tirael
Well, I said about the same thing. Perhaps, Google Translate translated everything not as it should. Hence the confusion.
Topic Starter
boat
Mithos
boat, stop hating on Archangel. He/she isn't from a place with english as a first/second language. You are not contributing either.
Topic Starter
boat
deadbeat
back on track here, If the notes really are gray when you fail, then i think something else should turn gray. otherwise unless you remember the whole map, it'll gonna be hard to play ._.
Topic Starter
boat
Yeah, its really a bit too much making the map unplayable. What was the reason for changing it? Wasn't it fine before?
deadbeat
what used to happen before?
Topic Starter
boat
Nothing other then that you fail at the end regardless of if you manage to fill up the hp bar or not.
deadbeat
so the same at solo play. i don't really play much taiko, but i think going back to that would be better since then its the same as solo play
Topic Starter
boat

deadbeat wrote:

so the same at solo play. i don't really play much taiko, but i think going back to that would be better since then its the same as solo play
The issue here is only in MP, as previously SD didn't really work as it was intended, letting the user still play just fail at the end, it being just another way to play unranked. As much as I liked that feature, I'm not asking for this to be altered, as I understand the reasoning behind it, but having it like this in multiplayer doesn't work.
MMzz
lmao this really happens?

The color of the notes is a game-breaking factor.
Derekku
Moved to the appropriate forum.

boat: Watch your language.
Ca Calne
in taiko multipaying with SD(Sudden Death)

once you miss...the taiko notes will turn gray and cant hit everything.
Topic Starter
boat
It's been 8 months and it's still unusable. The thing here is that this is not actually a bug, it's intended behavior. At least that's the logical explanation to why it got changed to this when spunout was removed. This should be a feature request, not a bug report.
deadbeat
i'm not sure if should be a bug report or a feature request, nor am i overly fussed. i just agree that this should be fixed/changed. least i can do is confirm this, so i shall
MillhioreF
The change was accidental, and I'm pretty sure it happened as a result of the color fade code changing (to allow revival in multiplayer)
Kitokofox
This was always around, even before revival in multiplayer. At the time, before the multiplayer revival was included, I guess it didn't matter if you kept playing or not with the notes being gray, because you couldn't do anything to help yourself. But now, since playing after failing matters in multiplayer, It's pretty obvious why Taiko can become unfair.

Anyway, the only reason this would happen is if you played in the SuddenDeath or Perfect modifiers, and even then, after the round you'll fail, because SuddenDeath and Perfect modifiers pin you at minimum health afterwards. (at least, that's what they intended to do, peppy may have changed that)
MillhioreF
Bumping - this is a fairly serious issue in my eyes, it makes Taiko completely unplayable. If nothing else, maybe make Sudden Death unselectable in multi Taiko, like Perfect for other modes?
Scorpiour

pretty a trouble...
peppy
Fixed in next release.