forum

Rock Band Blitz

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Alex311360
It's a VERY recent XBLA and PSN game that is like Rock Band, but WAY different.

First off, it's a 1 player game, so don't think you can bring any friends to play this game.

2nd, no plastic instruments. Just your controller.

3rd, it will support ALL DLC. Be it Rock Band 1, 2, or 3. Also, you WANT DLC. There's only like, 12 songs in the songlist.

Here's a graphic of the game:

Game mechanics:
  • There is absolutely no health meter. so play as long as you want.
    There are only 2 notes, and you can use certain controls (lots in the options) to hit the notes. Example: 1 control lets you use LB and RB for left and right notes.
    You have to play ALL instruments. Some songs may not have stuff like vocals, keyboards, etc. To get to certain tracks, use LT and RT for the LB and RB controls. Other control options may vary.
    Multipliers have been added, but not just any multipliers. Get all the tracks to the top multiplier or at least prevent a instrument from being at the lowest one possible, and your multipliers can go up, from 4, to 7, to 10, to 13 and higher.
    Blitz! Get several notes streaked up and fill up the bar at the top to get BLITZ! You will get points by staying and blitz and the track goes faster!
    Challenge your friends to a score war! Get a better score than the other person and get bragging rights!
    Blitz Cred and Coins. These are for power-ups. There are certain powerups that must be unlocked with Blitz Cred, and you need to have coins to use the powerups!
    Example: Shockwave will send a giant wave across all tracks, getting points depending on how many notes are in front of it and how far it goes (energy meter must be charged up)
This game is really fun, here's gameplay video here:

Yes, you are allowed to discuss other Rock Band games and DLC + Rock Band Network custom songs.
Go ahead and talk about it! :3
Minuano
2nd, no plastic instruments. Just your controller.
I think I would find it much harder to play. Do you know if the plastic instruments are optional? I should have my set somewhere in my closet.

I heard about this somewhere else and I'm going to save up for this. I've always loved games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero.
Topic Starter
Alex311360

Xbox Live Market Place wrote:

Not compatible with instrument controllers/Rock Band Pro upgrades..
nope sorry :<
Mithos
Didn't they try this with the psp?

Any rhythm game that makes you miss notes (even if it doesn't count against you) is not a game for me, especially when it runs off of DLC.
awp
This is based off a few games Harmonix did before Guitar Hero/Rock Band were a thing. One of the games was called Amplitude, and if I'm not mistaken it was the second game, but I forget what the first is called.

They were pretty fun though
Topic Starter
Alex311360

awp wrote:

This is based off a few games Harmonix did before Guitar Hero/Rock Band were a thing. One of the games was called Amplitude, and if I'm not mistaken it was the second game, but I forget what the first is called.

They were pretty fun though
Frequency.
Amplitude was especially fun for me, it including I think 4 player multiplayer, AND Online Multiplayer.
Pretty good games :)

EDIT:
read the wiki:
all multiplayer play was shutdown in america on feburary 2007. europe can still play online though.
That's not exactly what it said, but whatever.
Vext_old
Got the demo when it came out, and I was like "Oi wat da fuq, this is just frequency, DAMN YOU HARMONIXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!"
LuigiHann
I've been having a lot of fun with it

Vext wrote:

Got the demo when it came out, and I was like "Oi wat da fuq, this is just frequency, DAMN YOU HARMONIXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!"
from what I can tell the "strategy layer" is pretty different, with the multiplier leveling and the power-ups
Topic Starter
Alex311360
lots of fun :3

Surprisingly, I can beat DEVIL Death Metal songs easily.
oh my god i'm amazing

EDIT:
One song is Abnormality - Visions

that song I can beat so god damn easy, am I crazy?

EDIT2: Video here :3
LuigiHann
Xbox 360 users, this game is on sale for 600 points ($7.50 usd): http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Produ ... 025841122d

If you were on the fence, I'd definitely recommend it at this price, especially if you have Rock Band 3, since the songs export instantly and $7.50 for 25 songs is an insane bargain even if you hate half of them
Vext_old

LuigiHann wrote:

especially if you have Rock Band 3, since the songs export instantly and $7.50 for 25 songs is an insane bargain even if you hate half of them
Ok now THAT is something I hadn't considered, getting this now since it's half off, definitely.
awp
There are only two songs on that setlist I think I'd enjoy :|
LuigiHann

awp wrote:

There are only two songs on that setlist I think I'd enjoy :|
Buy it anyway
MMzz
Makes me think Audiosurf.
I don't even.
LuigiHann
The gameplay bears no resemblance to Audiosurf. You don't even "hit" notes in Audiosurf.
awp
Rock Band Blitz is Amplitude/Frequency, both of which are Harmonix games, so it's all legit
Topic Starter
Alex311360
I swear to god, if they don't make another Amplitude or Frequency like game, I'm gonna go nuts. This game doesn't count. AND THEY NEED TO ADD MULTIPLAYER SPLITSCREEN AND ONLINE. >:c