forum

The game Booms suddenly today [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
show more
peppy
I have checked the packet capture and everything looks completely normal. osu! is crashing for some reason, but it isn't due to the Bancho connection.

Are you able to check your windows application log to see if there is anything in there?
Asuka XNa

peppy wrote:

I have checked the packet capture and everything looks completely normal. osu! is crashing for some reason, but it isn't due to the Bancho connection.

Are you able to check your windows application log to see if there is anything in there?
I don't know.I think it is useless.people's systerm are different.but crash is same.I think you may check the update code again because the crash is happened from the update.Maybe some BUGS fix case the problem. :)
peppy
When a bug crashes osu!, it shows a crash window. What you are seeing is likely an external force acting on osu!, as there is no code for osu! itself to exit like how you are seeing.
peppy
I have given you a supporter tag. Could you please test the test version of osu! and see if it still happens to you?
Asuka XNa

peppy wrote:

When a bug crashes osu!, it shows a crash window. What you are seeing is likely an external force acting on osu!, as there is no code for osu! itself to exit like how you are seeing.
really?OSU! just shut down with no external force acting on.I am sure.no error prompt.no fade out.nothing but return to desktop.Now,I am playing offline.
Asuka XNa

peppy wrote:

I have given you a supporter tag. Could you please test the test version of osu! and see if it still happens to you?
OK,thank you for give the chance to me.I will test it :)
peppy
If it still occurs, I will add further debug info so we can get to the bottom of this. You can PM me on in-game chat (test or public server) if you want to talk there.
Winshley
This somehow reminds me of other online game not being able to run because of Data Execution Prevention (DEP), and it only affect specific systems (even PCs with same specifications gives different results). I wonder if that's the problem...
peppy
DEP usually shows a message when it closes an application though.
BROKEN-MOON
it crashed 4times in half an hour....
Winshley

peppy wrote:

DEP usually shows a message when it closes an application though.
Not for the case of the other online game I played as well. The funny thing is that I never had such problems.

This also applies to osu! game as well, I don't even had this problem. @.@;;
Topic Starter
Caviare

peppy wrote:

Nothing weird in application log during Osu!Disappears.
Asuka XNa

peppy wrote:

If it still occurs, I will add further debug info so we can get to the bottom of this. You can PM me on in-game chat (test or public server) if you want to talk there.
peppy.tell you a bad news.test OSU! also crash when I played.I played two osz2 maps and upload the score.in the main menu.It happened :(
Hello_World
I do not know whether this is helpful...I recorded the osu crash time...
at 13:55, 14:10, 14:20, 14:30, 14:44, 14:52, 15:01, 15:11, 15:22, 15:42, 16:24, 17:11...
15:22 to 17:11 I closed the 360 security guards...Crash interval time becomes longer...But Osu still crashes...
peppy
I think we have figured this one out. Thanks for your help, Asuka :).
Kihaku_old
Slight Bump + I'd like to report a similar problem which probably isn't worth making a new thread :

I used to run Osu! just fine on the same computer, depsite it being very weak. Now, when I re-downloaded it, after I get asked if I want to swtich to OpenGL mode since I don't support Shader 1.1(which happend in the past) the osu.exe just disappears without any indication of what's happening

Outright, thanks.

Kihaku
Winshley
@Kihaku: I still think that you should make another topic about your issue instead, as your issue is different from this thread.

To answer your problem, perhaps your graphic card driver went corrupted? How about reinstalling it?
Kihaku_old

Winshley wrote:

@Kihaku: I still think that you should make another topic about your issue instead, as your issue is different from this thread.

To answer your problem, perhaps your graphic card driver went corrupted? How about reinstalling it?
Hm, I see. I'll make a thread though as you instructed since it might shift attention more than a post

About the g-card driver, I'm not so sure, but it's a slight possibility so thanks.
farter_old
mine also crashes, for more than 2 times, during multiplayer gameplay.
win7 32bit 4G ram, shows "the program has stopped working...."
peppy
This is a different issue. Please make a new thread and post more details (need specific error messages).
cxyyx
Well,I've got the same problem.While I was playing,osu! crashed suddenly.And of course,it happened only after the 1st Sept update.
I've got some details here:
peppy
I'm not sure what Sync115Ext is, but it is interfering with osu!.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

cxyyx wrote:

Well,I've got the same problem.While I was playing,osu! crashed suddenly.And of course,it happened only after the 1st Sept update.
I've got some details here:
uninstall 115 disk program o.o?

http://www.baidu.com/s?ie=utf-8&bs=osu& ... inputT=605
peppy
I have no idea what this is, but it's the dll that seems to be causing the error in your error log.