forum

The game Booms suddenly today [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Caviare
the game crashes(disappears) automatically suddenly without any message/boxes appearing after the update today. Many others found the same problem too.

I'm already got this problem 4 times today. I can't finish a map with this shit. Please fix the bug and stop adding bugs to the game. :P;PP

------------
Crashing while playing both Osu and Taiko mode. Any song. System is Win7 32. CPU I3 2120 2*2G 1333 RAM Grapic card HD5750

There was no problems before today, so I think Hardwares are not problems
Azure_Kite
Because, you know. Updating a game is designed solely for implementing crashes. Why don't you not be unhelpful and describe what you were doing at the time the game crashed, what Operating System you're using, how much RAM, graphics, you know. It's not hard to be helpful when you complain, but complaining without trying to be helpful is a dick move.
peppy
When does it crash?
Kert
I just got a white screen while playing (I played for an hour or so)
I am not sure if it's related to the crash here, but I never had such a thing before (generally, not just in osu!)
It just showed me white screen, the music was still playing, keyboard keys didn't do anything (I couldn't alt-tab, open task manager)

win7 64 CPU i5-2320 RAM 8gb GPU hd6850
peppy
Nothing has really changed in the recent updates that could cause such an issue, and I don't believe it is related (as osu! is completely disappearing in the original report).
Asuka XNa
oh,when I am playing maps, MP with my friends,doing nothing.It also happen,but most in playing.I think there are some bugs in the update code?because it begined from today. :D
peppy
The only changes in the latest build have been bug fixes, so I'm not sure why this is happening.
When osu! "disappears", does it fade out? Can you make it happen at the main menu? Does it happen after a certain amount of time? Does it happen when you aren't connected to bancho?
Asuka XNa

peppy wrote:

The only changes in the latest build have been bug fixes, so I'm not sure why this is happening.
When osu! "disappears", does it fade out? Can you make it happen at the main menu? Does it happen after a certain amount of time? Does it happen when you aren't connected to bancho?
well,I test several times,I did nothing in 10 minute.no happened.when I playing maps 3 times or 4PC,it happened.I will play without internet to test it.
peppy
Are you playing with any mods enabled? Does it happen while you are playing, or in break time?
Asuka XNa

peppy wrote:

Are you playing with any mods enabled? Does it happen while you are playing, or in break time?
well,peppy,I think I find the reason. I played offline in 30 minute,no happen.It must be happen when player conect the bancho.
peppy
Hmm... has anything changed with your network or internet connection? Could it be something common to an ISP in china or something? Maybe it is triggering osu! into "update" mode. When it quits, does it fade out smoothly?
Mithos
I've noticed a few issues with bancho connect. It would repeateatly drop the connection and get it back, only to lose it again 2 seconds afterwards. It would still send high scores, but it kept saying who was online and I couldn't play on multiplayer.

This only happened since it last updated.
peppy
Nothing has changed in this update with bancho connectivity. It may be the weather of the internet, though.
Topic Starter
Caviare

peppy wrote:

It also happens to me in several PC . No mods. Problems happens 2 Times in Osu mode 2times in Taiko mode It just happens 1times in CTB(12minutes from starting the game to it disappeared) No Fade out or any pop up after disappearing.
Tomoyo

peppy wrote:

Does it happen while you are playing, or in break time?
Osu suddenly "disappears" while playing,no signal,with bancho connected.
peppy
I am completely baffled. Are you able to try using a VPN or different internet connection to see if it helps?
Asuka XNa

peppy wrote:

Hmm... has anything changed with your network or internet connection? Could it be something common to an ISP in china or something? Maybe it is triggering osu! into "update" mode. When it quits, does it fade out smoothly?
no fade out,just quit with nothing.like breakdown but no prompt.no bugs detail.
Topic Starter
Caviare

Caviare wrote:

peppy wrote:

It also happens to me in several PC . No mods. Problems happens 2 Times in Osu mode 2times in Taiko mode It just happens 1times in CTB(12minutes from starting the game to it disappeared) No Fade out or any pop up after disappearing.
Bancho connected. It happens with both Chinese connection or connected with a korean VPN I can multiplay
Asuka XNa

peppy wrote:

I am completely baffled. Are you able to try using a VPN or different internet connection to see if it helps?
VPN seemed useful.no happened from I played with vpn
peppy
Okay, interesting. Are you guys on the same ISP by any chance?
show more