1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings

show more
posted
speaking of left click + keyboard button, i tend to do that also since it feels that i can press buttons faster when doing that.
like those stacks at the beginning of kanbu. i tend to press those really slow when using zx.
posted
Oh yeah, I also forgot, make sure you're not overshooting. Sometimes the rhythm isn't as fast as you think.
posted

James wrote:

speaking of left click + keyboard button, i tend to do that also since it feels that i can press buttons faster when doing that.
like those stacks at the beginning of kanbu. i tend to press those really slow when using zx.
I use this with deathstacks and deathstreams too (most stacks though). Except I use C and a tablet tap. :P Steams are tougher for that though. Depending how fast stacks or streams are determines whether I use C/V or C/tap. I almost never use C/tap for anything less than 5 beats, and never for triplets (except Kanbu....).
posted
I can finally say with certainty, I'll never get use to this D:<!
posted
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
posted
I have always used Z/X since i found out about it, and think it's much easier. But that's probably from playing lots of Guitar Hero, I think trills (quick alternating between two notes) are also the reason why I use my middle finger as 'primary' finger.
posted
Practice.
posted
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
posted
i used to play with the mouse. then i switched over to z/x. i couldn't even hold them down for spinners. it took some time to get used to z x but yea it's worth it imo because some streams feels like they are impossible with mouse ^^
posted

Gabi wrote:

i used to play with the mouse. then i switched over to z/x. i couldn't even hold them down for spinners. it took some time to get used to z x but yea it's worth it imo because some streams feels like they are impossible with mouse ^^
Same here.

Switching to the keyboard has been great. My only issue now is jumps (especially those jumps which go left-right-left-right quickly, and up or down, or at whatever angle... yanno) on the keyboard, which I was much better at with the mouse.

I do hold my mouse button down while spinning, though, mostly to keep my mouse gripped better. (I'm a wild spinner.)
posted

An64fan wrote:

James wrote:

I use this with deathstacks and deathstreams too (most stacks though). Except I use C and a tablet tap. :P Steams are tougher for that though. Depending how fast stacks or streams are determines whether I use C/V or C/tap. I almost never use C/tap for anything less than 5 beats, and never for triplets (except Kanbu....).
This is what I do. I alternate tablet taps with z or x. If I actually had a mouse for my laptop, I would probably alternate z and x, though :)
posted
you could use zx for streams and for normal circle is mouse.
Try doing this map

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/20968

you have to use mouse but you can use the keyboard for practice , its not that hard,try it
posted

Sousei wrote:

Jiongrzzzz
it's 囧rz XD

i use zx to tap steams,and i will adjust my taping speed while playing ;)
posted
i also use 2 keyboard buttons and in a long stream i watch my mouse carefully - i often move faster than the steam and make a miss ><
posted
Am I alone in the thought that deathstreams are exceedingly cheap and a really poor mapping utility?

Maybe it's because I still suck at the osu, but I can just not find anything appealing about mashing the surface of my mouse like an idiot just to get to bits of a song that are actually worth the effort..
posted
^As said in previous posts. Use Z/X for streams if you are having a hard time.
posted
Easier said than done, especially since I only discovered z/x yesterday..

But even then you're still playing tap-fu, just with the keyboard instead of the mouse which is only slightly easier.
posted
Of course it will be hard if you're just starting out. Practice makes perfect ;o!
posted
posted
I ALWAYS use Z/X no matter the situation.

My trick for long streams is tapping my foot to the tempo of the song at the same time as hitting Z/X. Usually the way it works is, There should be 4 Hit circles between each time you tap your foot to the tempo.

So it goes like this:

FT = Foot Tap
# = hit circles
Z/X = Keys Z and X

FT-------------FT-------------FT-------------FT-------------FT-------------FT-------------FT-------------FT-----------
-1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
-Z - X - Z - X - Z - X - Z - X - Z - X - Z - X - Z - X - Z - X - Z - X - Z - X - Z - X - Z - X - Z - X - Z - X - Z - X - Z - X

I'm not sure if this illustration makes any sense to anyone but for some reason I can get through most streams this way.

If you have trouble tapping with your foot, try counting 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 to the tempo in your head repeatedly during the stream in question and alternate click 4 times on Z/X between each number you count.

That's my trick to beating those damn streams.
show more