[sumi]

03:34:246 (7) - 放到x183y72

全部搞定~谢谢LKs~
LKs
03:23:746 (1) - arrow is totally obstructed(hidden). please make it visible

no kd
Sharlo

LKs wrote:

03:23:746 (1) - arrow is totally obstructed(hidden). please make it visible fixed

no kd
谢谢LKs
LKs
To be frank, the map, especially [Sharlo] isn't a very high quality one.

But considering this is the first project the mapper has ever made and the diff doesn't contain unrankable stuff and what's more, after a series of adjustments/suggestions applied I see improvement on sliders' shapes and note arrangement so I'd like to give it a chance.

Plus, the map itself is memorable, which means a lot to Sumisola and Sharlo so the story/exertion behind it is the point that moves me and us

Already asked abalee for opinions and the answer was positive. so here we go
Scorpiour
Popped the bubble due to an unrankable stuff:

The slider end snapped to wrong place cause two object apart less than 10ms in Easy diff

please fix it and call me back
Topic Starter
Sumisola

Scorpiour wrote:

Popped the bubble due to an unrankable stuff:

The slider end snapped to wrong place cause two object apart less than 10ms in Easy diff

please fix it and call me back
All fixed~ Thanks for reminding me here. ^ ^
Scorpiour
rebubbled~
Topic Starter
Sumisola
Thanks~
those
Bpm is still doubled ever since my post earlier.
Topic Starter
Sumisola

those wrote:

Bpm is still doubled ever since my post earlier.
the original song is 180bpm when Sharlo remake it. And of course, I think those piano rhythm in this song here should be 180BPM
those
Here's why you should not base it on the piano, but the rhythm instead:
Melodies are made out tones. These tones have a set length defined by the bpm (you don't know whether they are eighth notes or sixteenth notes, for example). However, drums are not based on tones in the same way; generally, the bass>snare>bass>snare makes one 4/4 measure. With that in mind, the bpm is clearly doubled in your map.
Topic Starter
Sumisola

those wrote:

Here's why you should not base it on the piano, but the rhythm instead:
Melodies are made out tones. These tones have a set length defined by the bpm (you don't know whether they are eighth notes or sixteenth notes, for example). However, drums are not based on tones in the same way; generally, the bass>snare>bass>snare makes one 4/4 measure. With that in mind, the bpm is clearly doubled in your map.
However.......as what you said above......BPM is clearly doubled but it never worsen any flow of this map
those
However, you can even set the bpm to 360 or 720. Those figures can work too, but neither is correct. And 180 isn't correct either; it's not about the fact that it's mappable and flows at 180 - it's mappable and flows and correct at 90.
With that being said, and hopefully understood, I hope you don't continue this senseless argument unless you can provide some sort of reason why it must remain at 180 and cannot possibly change it to 90, the correct bpm.
wmfchris
I'll support BPM180 4/4.

There'll be a few choices: BPM180 4/4, BPM90 2/4 and BPM90 4/4.

Firstly, the song has a strong simple quadruple character over the simple duple one. This is indicated by the repetition length of vocal and melody. If it's a duple metre the main beat will be re-emphasized in a much frequent way. However in this song every accent is re-accumulated instead of a clear-cut accent. (e.g. through 01:37:913 - to 01:38:413 - ). This is theoratically a very poor choice on 2/4, and therefore the song should be a 4/4.

Now if we have to choose between BPM180 and BPM90 4/4, the easiest way is to fit the count into the beatings.

In usual practice 1/2 is used as the slightest regular beatings with 1/1 beatings a noticible one. In such way to judge BPM180 would be a suitable one.

In a song if 1/4 is used as regular beatings it should be intentional with a clear rapid sense than the BPM should have, but it's not the case here.

Another indicator is the repetition of the melody. In usual practice the melody is written in the manner that every bar is an unit, connecting and echoing each other. In the song the melody repeats every bar under the BPM180 4/4 scale.

When we decide where the bar ends, the accent on the note as well as the bridging towards the accent is very important. It should be uniquely used at the end of the bar. Take 01:38:413 - again as example, the syncopation is a sign of accumulating accent towards 01:38:413 - --- and this will never occur in the second beat of the bar, which is the case under BPM90 4/4 scale.

Moreover, BPM90 does not imply BPM180 is wrong. This is very vague when musicians write their transcripts. As a result it's very common to say BPM = 80-160, meaning that you can either treat it as BPM80 4/4 or BPM160 8/4. Of course this is not the problem on musical sheet because it's clearly written but this is the footnote for performance, the way you present it, and both is fine.
those
Now this is something to give a read up on. If I had my pc running it would be a lot easier to give examples, but I guess all I can do now is refute your arguments.

When you say that each bar is taken as a unit, what you really mean to say is that each phrase is taken as a unit. What this means is that the phrase now becomes the independent variable, while the number of measures depend on the length of the phrase. Using this method cannot tell you whether the song is 180 or 90 bpm, so it is dismissed.

Your point on 'regular beats' is a little flawed since you deny the possibility of 0 or 2 or more regular (irregular) beats. If the song is 'mainly' 1/4, for example, it certainly does not have to be introduced by 1/4. Similarly, you dismiss the possible existence of a second beat syncopation, when really, one can easily just compose a piece with that said syncopation and render your point invalid.

What's more, it appears that my point raised about the bass>snare>bass>snare defining the measure has not been addressed, while it easily remains the simplest way of finding bpm. I, too, had my moments when I was bound by the strict rules of classical music, but this should evidently not be the case, don't you agree? :3

Note, this is not about me trying to prove that I'm correct; rather, it is more about getting the most things correct on a map that you can actually control before I (we) rank it.
Garven
Didn't we already have this discussion in #bat?

Anyway, the BPM doesn't matter as much as long as the tick rate is adjusted accordingly. Which it is in this case (rate 1)

At a glance, though, the Normal -> Hard is a pretty big jump up in difficulty settings and velocity. Might check later if I get some time (and the set hasn't already been ranked by then q:)
abalee
/me slaps Garven

Ranked.
Darksonic
lol wrong icon
Hinacle
yeah~!!

Congrats>w<//
mana vayne
Congrats sumisola :3
Nanael_old
Gratz-
Suimya

Darksonic wrote:

lol wrong icon
Nymph
我去这下你又有的晒妹了!
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
Sharlo's voice

这不科学
Topic Starter
Sumisola

Nymph wrote:

我去这下你又有的晒妹了!
yeah~
Topic Starter
Sumisola

[CSGA]Ar3sgice wrote:

Sharlo's voice

这不科学
no 这很科学
Lan wings
晒妹图1分收好
wonders
恭喜~
Kite
nice to see this ranked, congrats :3
YTYuyu
Sharlo you have a wonderful voice :)

congratz on the rank ;)
NoHitter
Is this song an original composition?
Kotone
老豆!!
YTYuyu

NoHitter wrote:

yea it is. i checked and turns out that the original is almost 5mins.
Topic Starter
Sumisola

Lan wings wrote:

晒妹图1分收好
没晒妹/.\
Topic Starter
Sumisola

angelfix wrote:

恭喜~
谢谢\·
Topic Starter
Sumisola

Kite wrote:

nice to see this ranked, congrats :3
Thank you~
Topic Starter
Sumisola

Kotone wrote:

老豆!!
诶哟~乖女你改咗名~
Topic Starter
Sumisola

Byakugan249 wrote:

Sharlo you have a wonderful voice :)

congratz on the rank ;)
Tkank u! ;)
yjj920427

NoHitter wrote:

ori vocal:牧野由依(まきの ゆい)(Makino Yui)
hoozimajiget
Shouldn't the original artist be tagged/credited???

The artist is mistakenly named as Sharlo. When all that has been done is a vocal cover of the single listed below using the intrumental release of the song.

http://www.generasia.com/wiki/Fuwafuwa_(Makino_Yui)
show more