forum

USA osu!standard Tournament [Concluded]

posted
Total Posts
show more
FishHook
lets see how rusty I've gotten since counter strike and dayZ took my hobbies. playable timezone is night-late night, east coast. so like 8:30pm-4am EST

T,Th im free usually after noon
pielak213
­
Zyph
I'll join, but I'm not absolutely sure when I'm available. xD
FishHook

Zyph wrote:

I'll join, but I'm not absolutely sure when I'm available. xD
thats why there can always be reschedules =)
Lybydose
fine I'll play
haxsu
I'll join but I must warn all of you that I suck at this game.

I'm available usually on weekends
Andy Chen_old
I'd like to join :D

On weekends, except Sunday.
Ohrami
Pointing out a couple things: Me and Sync would like to keep an even bracket (powers of 2 such as 16, 32, 64, etc.), so we're probably only going to admit one more person. Also, Sync, you forgot to add Starz0r to the list of participants, so do it when you get back. ;D

With that being said, I see little reason why this tournament can't start soon beyond potential scheduling issues!

Edit: NixXSkate might not show up, actually, because he seems to have quit this game, so we'll probably accept two more people. ;>
outohere
I'm in. 8pm-12am est
Topic Starter
Sync
I've PMed NixXSkate for confirmation
Ohrami
Hmm.. I got the numbers a bit off because a person (Unizer) PMed about joining but I don't think he posted in the thread. Also, you should add Ostrovia to the list ;D
Andy Chen_old
Nixxskate busted his monitor so he'd probably not playing :<
Topic Starter
Sync
Alright, removing Nix and adding Ostrovia.
Lythryn
Put me in :D
3pm-12am est
Unizer
Count me in ~
6-10 pm est on any given day for the most part
Ohrami
That should be it for sign ups, since we now have 32 people! That means we can get this tournament started very soon. :3

Sorry to anyone who wants to join after this!
ryza
inb4 kyou and sapphireghost in the finals

too bad kaoru is on vacation
Ohrami

Silynn wrote:

I know, right? D: It made me sad...
Andy Chen_old
Excited! Though I'll probably lose first round :P
auroraflow12
GL to all players ^-^!
Derekku
What about prizes? Supporter tags and a profile badge per usual? :p
Ohrami

Derekku wrote:

What about prizes? Supporter tags and a profile badge per usual? :p
I wonder if we could arrange it so a profile badge would be awarded as a prize? We'll see!
Yarissa

Silynn wrote:

what are you talking about?
Ohrami

Kaoru wrote:

Silynn wrote:

He's talking about your education vacation

Because learning is fun! :D
MillhioreF
Well I guess I'm in this tournament after all \:D/

Times I can play, uhhhh, probably between 8 PM and 12 AM or so. East coast time, GMT-5, etc. It'd be nice if someone PM'd me when the brackets are decided because I'm probably gonna forget all about this tournament otherwise xD

inb4 I lose round 1 since not easy mod tournament
ryza

Kaoru wrote:

Silynn wrote:

I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO CALL IT

shhh
SapphireGhost
Yeah, weekends are good. Preferably not early in any way. Also, have people who aren't playing in the tournament pick the maps for future rounds like in the world cup.
JAKACHAN
Can you wait for me to get my next paycheck so I can get a new pen?

PWEASE

Edit: Damn it's already full my dreams are crushed ;_; Oh well I shall be rooting for my love Sapphire >///<
Ohrami

SapphireGhost wrote:

Also, have people who aren't playing in the tournament pick the maps for future rounds like in the world cup.
Why do you recommend doing this? Me and Sync only know the list of maps ~1-3 hours before posting it in this thread, and that's only so we can decide what maps to choose to be in the tournament. Also, for later rounds, we're going to be sure to have a good mix of stream/accuracy/jump maps. And as Sync mentioned in the OP, anyone is free to suggest any changes to the list, though I think the round 1 list should be considered final by now.
Topic Starter
Sync
Looks like that is it! To those who still wish to participate, feel free to PM me in case somebody drops out of round 1.

The tournament will be starting October 19th. That's one week from now. Everybody has been matched up (view it here). People were matched up based on their pp -- matched with the person furthest away from their pp rank as possible, #1 gets grouped with #32, #2 gets grouped with #31, #3 gets grouped with #30 and so on.

Scheduling
It is up to you as a player to come up with a time/date that you both you and your opponent can agree on. After that, post on the thread including the time you have agreed on. Adjustments may have to be made; if they are, I will contact both of you. If for some reason you cannot make the time you previously agreed on, PM me at least one day in advanced. We'll have time to reschedule. If you don't contact me and you don't show up, you'll be disqualified.

The earliest you can play your first match is October 19th (early afternoon, 3pm). The latest you can play your first match is October 22nd (late evening, ~10pm). See the first post for an updated schedule.

Some further information:
We have not decided on how round 2 (and further) maps will be chosen. Round 1 maps will stay the same (adjustments can still be made, but it'll be finalized by tonight) but for later rounds a person not participating may choose the maps to ensure absolute fairness. I'll keep you updated.
Andy Chen_old
Well then I stand corrected, gonna be eliminated first round :P

I just realized, why is the highest ranked players playing the lowest ones?
Ohrami

Ostrovia wrote:

It's set up so that lower ranked players will be dropped into the loser's bracket to play against other lower ranked players, and then be eliminated very quickly. It's also set up so that players of higher rank won't meet until the final rounds, since it wouldn't be that interesting if me and SapphireGhost were playing against each other in the first or second round. ;>
Derekku
We could really use a pack of all the round maps in the OP! Are the maps even finalized yet? :I
Ohrami

Derekku wrote:

We could really use a pack of all the round maps in the OP! Are the maps even finalized yet? :I
I think they pretty much are ;D
Andy Chen_old

Kyou-kun wrote:

Ostrovia wrote:

It's set up so that lower ranked players will be dropped into the loser's bracket to play against other lower ranked players, and then be eliminated very quickly. It's also set up so that players of higher rank won't meet until the final rounds, since it wouldn't be that interesting if me and SapphireGhost were playing against each other in the first or second round. ;>
Alright then :O
SapphireGhost
For reference: I'm most likely available from 4 to 11 PM on Saturday and Sunday, but it depends on the circumstances. Scheduling with Nikki now.
sCam
wtf, Unizer has like 1k PP more than me :/
and i didnt play this game in 2 weeks. oh well, time to start sharpening up my skills for the start of this tourney :/
Topic Starter
Sync
Group G has decided on a time -- Saturday @ 7PM. Awaiting others! (PM me or post in thread)
Garven
Sunday 0300 MST for Silynn vs that other guy

I guess we are group E
ryza

Garven wrote:

Sunday 0300 MST for Silynn vs that other guy

I guess we are group E
Confirming~
show more