forum

Easy Mod discussion / post your easy mod records!

posted
Total Posts

Biggest reason you don't play easy mod?

Low AR
46.55%
Low OD causing extra misses
1.53%
Circle overlap
20.31%
0.50x score
13.79%
Confusing extra lives
2.30%
Other (post)
2.30%
None, I play it
13.22%
Total votes: 522
show more
Wishy
Patterns become too hard on easy mode, DJPop maps + Easy are indeed, easy.

Easy on Shotgun Symphony is overpowered since that map is pretty much cluster-fuck, and that issue is completely fixed with Easy mode, since circles become way bigger and you don't really have to understand the pattern and you can play it like it was a normal stream.
Liut

Wishy22 wrote:

Easy on Shotgun Symphony - you don't really have to understand the pattern
what
silmarilen

Liutprando wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

Easy on Shotgun Symphony - you don't really have to understand the pattern
what
things like this
Liut
yeah but those easymode patterns of shotgun symphony are totally not easy for me :(
Dunno about you guys D:
Tanzklaue

Liutprando wrote:

yeah but those easymode patterns of shotgun symphony are totally not easy for me :(
Dunno about you guys D:
the thing is, without easy, these patterns are really hard, because you can't move your cursor in a straight line to hit them, but instead you have to move to every circle. in addition to that, the patterns are hard to read, making it nearly impossible to hit all of them in the correct order in one run.

with easy, you can play these patterns mostly like a normal stream.
Liut
uhu okay , i can't play both T T
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
for what it's worth, I can read gold dust with easy mod (MUCH more readable than Shotgun Symphony) but I'm not good enough at osu! to FC it... make of that what you will!

ziin

MillhioreF wrote:

for what it's worth, I can read gold dust with easy mod (MUCH more readable than Shotgun Symphony) but I'm not good enough at osu! to FC it... make of that what you will!

gold dust is very easy to read. AR does not play a big role there. AR is very important in poorly made maps.
Winshley
Mismagius
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
gogo BD! the world needs more easy mod players~
Winshley
I'm a nerd gay who added some nerd spice to make the gayest dish ever.

Want some? Here's the recipe~ =3
Ingredients:
- "Blind Stare - Shotgun Symphony+ [Impossibly Intense]" beatmap
- Easy mod
- Hidden mod (the nerd spice)
- (Optional) Some extra mods will do to suit your taste

Just mix them all and stir them well. It has a high failure chance though. If successful, it should look like this:

(Yes, I just got a heart attack... D:)
Topic Starter
MillhioreF

Winshley wrote:

I'm a nerd gay who added some nerd spice to make the gayest dish ever.
(Yes, I just got a heart attack... D:)
holy shit, you actually did it... congrats xD
also, sorry SapphireGhost!
Tom69_old
Holy shit you guys. I play it quite a bit for fun but I am far away from even FCing stuff... let alone +hd SS. o_o
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
Winshley

(At the time I SS'd Usatei, I noticed that there's another 3 players who did it earlier than me. :P)
knjiga
I don't understand, how is this even possible... Did you train easy a lot, or it just came naturally?

What I also want to know, when aiming, do you look at the screen as whole and basically aim mostly with peripheral vision? Or is the trick in focusing on individual circles one at the time?
Winshley
I personally learn the map, memorizing the flow throughout the song. This is the reason why I can pull out a Silver SS on Shotgun Symphony+ only some days after I did a regular SS.

MillhioreF is different, he's amazingly able to read those notes before hitting them. Being able to read a lot of notes in advance is what we would call as having brain with high queue level. He actually is having trouble with hitting the notes on Shotgun Symphony+ with Hidden mod, but him being able to pull out a FC on "RevenG - bag" map without Hidden mod in quite an instant proves this a lot (I can't even do FC on that map in early tries, as I need to learn the patterns first :?).

My method of play is a slow approach (often it's a waste of time), but has high potential of providing good plays under most (if not all) circumstances.
Topic Starter
MillhioreF

Winshley wrote:

I personally learn the map, memorizing the flow throughout the song. This is the reason why I can pull out a Silver SS on Shotgun Symphony+ only some days after I did a regular SS.

MillhioreF is different, he's amazingly able to read those notes before hitting them. Being able to read a lot of notes in advance is what we would call as having brain with high queue level. He actually is having trouble with hitting the notes on Shotgun Symphony+ with Hidden mod, but him being able to pull out a FC on "RevenG - bag" map without Hidden mod in quite an instant proves this a lot (I can't even do FC on that map in early tries, as I need to learn the patterns first :?).

My method of play is a slow approach (often it's a waste of time), but has high potential of providing good plays under most (if not all) circumstances.
It's true that I can read the notes pretty easily, but there's still weird patterns that are just unreadable, there's no doubt about that... bag in particular had 2 places where I just had to memorize since there was no way I was reading them! Otherwise, yeah, pretty much this. Reading the flow does play a big part, and at REALLY low ARs like in bag it's actually easier to use the note appearance times to judge when to hit than use the approach circles!

As for Shotgun Symphony, I actually do better with Flashlight than with Hidden, because with Flashlight I can at least use the approach circles to read the map ;w;
Winshley

MillhioreF wrote:

As for Shotgun Symphony, I actually do better with Flashlight than with Hidden, because with Flashlight I can at least use the approach circles to read the map ;w;
Very true. I apparently could pass Fairy Fore - Vivid [Insane] way easier with Flashlight mod than with Hidden mod. xD
Anzo
don't mind the skin pls... :3
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
played 2006?? xD
kriers
ultra-hipster. Played easy mod before osu! existed!
Winshley
Date is based on the computer time settings.

kriers
OMG TIME MACHINE
Anzo

kriers wrote:

LOL'ed hard.. and damn battery, I need to replace it.
Topic Starter
MillhioreF

kriers wrote:

silmarilen
my only easy mod score:
Winshley
@MillhioreF: I like how you put the year settings the same as the title name. :P
bomber34

First time i beat Dragons with Easy ^^ I will improve it someday
Topic Starter
MillhioreF

replay

last record for now, AFK... schoolwork is piling up and I need time away... inb4 this thread dies because I'm the only one who posts in it xD
TicClick
SPOILER

credit goes to Navi
-GN
Man, I wish I still had that picture of me and Mill playing the Big Black +EZ in a multi match and I won. I figured it'd fit well here!

Anyway, I'm doing decently well with easy mod, though my skill doesn't compare to the ones of Mill, val, LRJ and so on and so forth. I just don't get how they can read maps so well that they can understand the giant clusterfucks that pop up on the screen every once in a while :P Mill told me I'm better than him at playing, but I don't believe him!

Anyway, I managed a #8 on this http://osu.ppy.sh/b/29844&m=0 and a couple other passes like Can't defeat Airman, the Big Black and some tag4 songs.
Topic Starter
MillhioreF

-GN wrote:

Anyway, I managed a #8 on this [url]http://osu.ppy.sh/b/29844&m=0[/url
too pro xD
I managed the 540 combo with easy alone once, but I sucked at the rest of the map and ended up about 10k points behind you... so I didn't submit because I like my low-score high-combo better! I've tried again but never got that combo, -GN mad skillz
CXu
My combo is cool
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
CXu nomod master 4eva
kriers
posting to make it a memorable 5 Norwegian flags in a row
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
except new page so it loses all significance D:

also go to bed kriers it's like 1:30 AM
Winshley
Somehow Norwegians are good at Easy mod, eh? :P (Though MillhioreF are actually not Norwegian :roll:)

Posting just to make a combo-breaker. /me runs

Ninja edit:
-GN

CXu wrote:

My combo is cool
see, these asians are like, made of magic or something

edit: which reminds me i'm the highest non-asian on the list!
show more