forum

THE ORAL CIGARETTES - Tonari Au

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ghouru
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, March 3, 2020 at 19:15:55

Artist: THE ORAL CIGARETTES
Title: Tonari Au
Source: サクラダリセット
Tags: japanese rock toc tonariau kisses and kills before it's too late one's again anime ed ending 1 full size version sagrada reset sakurada risetto
BPM: 140
Filesize: 10141kb
Play Time: 04:30
Difficulties Available:
  1. New Beginning (4.85 stars, 1207 notes)
Download: THE ORAL CIGARETTES - Tonari Au
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

my most played song of 2019

thank you Bill and Nikakis,
<3

bg art by みふる

a small word
when the new year started, i had planned to make a "goals for 2020" tweet with one of the goals being to not rank anything sort of as a meme but in reality it was really what i thought. i was in a huge mapping slump for all of december going into january. i was thinking to myself that if i couldn't rank anything, then who am i mapping for? why am i mapping? what's the point if no one's gonna play them anyway? i stopped working on all my maps, threw a lot of collabs to the side, and strayed away from osu altogether. i would rarely log on, and i started to play other games together with my friends.

on a random day in the first week of january, in the middle of a destiny 2 raid completely unexpected, i got a discord pm from nikakis asking if i wanted to rank my other oral cigarettes map. this message was really the push that i needed to get me out of that mindset. i started to enjoy mapping again, and gained motivation to push my other maps for ranked. bill had been kindly helping me with my maps before, and already modded this map before and was fine with nominating it, then i sent it to nikakis who accepted to be the 2nd BN i needed. waking up and seeing his message saying he would nominate this map is something that i never would've imagined. im very grateful to these two for helping me so much.

this is my favorite song, i listened to it for a whole week on repeat, and i'll be forever satisfied with this as my first ranked. it may not show off what i'm capable of that well as it's a little dated, but it feels insanely good knowing that my favorite song is my first ranked map.