posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Respirte
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 02 May 2021 at 02:42:41

Artist: Respirte
Title: Scrabble Sweeper Menu 2
Source: Scrabble Sweeper
Tags: emily ploszaj jake parton deluxe scrabblesweeper minesweeper mine video game english novelty folk soundtrack ost
BPM: 130
Filesize: 2504kb
Play Time: 01:14
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.35 stars, 67 notes)
  2. Hard (2.68 stars, 165 notes)
  3. Normal (1.79 stars, 107 notes)
  4. Yeehaw (3.59 stars, 208 notes)
Download: Respirte - Scrabble Sweeper Menu 2
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Play for free at http://scrabblesweeper.net (as of February 12th 2023, the website will be down for a while)

Website Functionality (worth reading before use)
The game doesn't (yet) give a clear indication as to whether or not players are still in a game at any given time, and doesn't have the ability to continue functioning once a player has left the game, (yet) so for the best gameplay experience, make sure to play with a group of people in a call or chat room together. If a player needs do reload the page during a game, they should still be able to join again via the 'Rejoin' button.

Up to four players can play at once in any one game
Rules
Scrabble
Players must play unbroken chains of tiles in a horizontal (left to right) or Vertical (up to down) direction

ScrabbleSweeper™ uses the TWL06 Dictionary, so only words contained in that dictionary shall be considered valid

The number at the bottom right of your letter tile (on the rack) indicates the points value of the tile

A blank tile can be used to represent any letter, but will have a score value of 0

Using all of your seven tiles (otherwise know as a bingo) will score you a raw bonus of 50 points

The colo(u)red tiles give additional score multipliers to the player that placed tiles over them on their turn:

Double Letter Score
Triple Letter Score
Double Word Score
Triple Word Score

You can exchange any number of your letter tiles for new ones, but this will use up your current turn

At the end of the game, the first person to finish gets the value of the other players remaining tiles, and each play loses points based on the tiles they have remaining

MineSweeper
The red number on a played tile indicates your proximity to a mine.
The effective area of proximity is 3x3 from the central area.
If a tile has no numbers attatched to it after a letter has been played on it, that means there are 0 mines on any adjacent tile to that one (horizontally, vertically, or diagonally).
If you spot a location where you think there is a mine, you can right-click once to set a counter on the location you believe it to be in. (this flag will be local to the player who used it) right-click again to utilise the smaller icon to use for additional instances, such as potential or uncertain mine locations.

ScrabbleSweeper
If a word passes through a mine, only the word which plays through the mine receives the negative score

Once a letter has triggered a mine, that tile can be used without receiving the negative penalty

If you hit a mine while playing a bingo, the raw 50 point bonus is unaffected by the negative mine score

Inside the initial starting cross area between the double letter score tiles is a grace area where mines cannot spawn

I'll upload whatever I want. I don't care.
Made a spread now.
I can't believe we're doing this.
I can't believe we've done this.

Lyrics:

Oh Scrabble, it's only a game
Scrabble, it's in the name
The board's the same and the
tiles remain and the
pieces fall into place
however underneath is a
deadly game, oh it's
Minesweeper!