forum

Funtastic Power! - Leeroy Jenkins Fun Times Mix

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jarby
Use the distance snap. The spacing is a big problem 'LEEEEROOOYYY!' difficulty. Repeating sliders several times isn't very fun; try and use multiple sliders that curve in patterns. You can temporarily set the BPM to double to make it more interesting if you want, but don't keep it on after the sliders.

I don't like that giant 'J' slider in 'Let's Do This' difficulty. Sliders that look like stuff are an intuitive and interesting way to map, but this J lasts far too long. The repeat isn't helping, either. Try making small 'L' and 'J' sliders. Also, the way you made the 'J' is too confusing for an Easy or Normal difficulty, make it look more like a fishhook next time, so it doesn't go backwards on it's own track.
Topic Starter
Spudman
Got it, I'll fix it when I get the chance.
Topic Starter
Spudman
Bump, I think there has been enough work for a little more modding.
Jarby
Normal:

00:12:07 - 00:23:77 - This section is a bit boring. Use a few sliders to make it interesting.
00:48:30 (1,2) - Move the sliders so that they don't overlap. It will make a jump, but I think it won't be too hard for a Normal difficulty.

LEEEE(etc)ROY!:

00:10:66 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Spacing.
01:16:60 (1) - I don't think this ends on a 1/4 beat.
Topic Starter
Spudman
Well, if you look, the note is on a 1/1 beat, not a 1/4 beat.

Also, another bump as the changes have been made.
Jarby

Spudman wrote:

Well, if you look, the note is on a 1/1 beat, not a 1/4 beat.

Also, another bump as the changes have been made.
I can't find any new problems, aside from this old one. It might actually end on that 1/4 beat anyway.

Topic Starter
Spudman
Heh, read wrong, you said END, oh well, I'll check and see if it's supposed to be on the 1/4.

It really seems to work where it is, but if there is another opinion on it, I'll change it.
Topic Starter
Spudman
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Spudman
Bump again.
Topic Starter
Spudman
Bump, seeing as I updated.
Topic Starter
Spudman
Bi weekly bump.
Topic Starter
Spudman
Moved to Pending, maybe doing this will get me some attention.
Soaprman
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Spudman

Soaprman wrote:

I see you're not using distance snap... give it a try sometime, it makes things a lot easier.
I disagree, seeing as JarJarJacob continuously got me to use it before you even looked at it, and I used the snap throughout the entire map, some places are not as greatly snapped as others, but it's possible to hit all the notes from where they are snapped.

Soaprman wrote:

00:48:338 (1,2): move 2's endpoint left a notch so that it's as far from 3 as 3 is from 4, and then move 1 closer to 2
At 00:48:338, there are only 3 beats in the combo, I do not see where the 4th one would come in.
Topic Starter
Spudman
Bump, I feel neglected.
Soaprman

Spudman wrote:

Soaprman wrote:

I see you're not using distance snap... give it a try sometime, it makes things a lot easier.
I disagree, seeing as JarJarJacob continuously got me to use it before you even looked at it, and I used the snap throughout the entire map, some places are not as greatly snapped as others, but it's possible to hit all the notes from where they are snapped.
Not a problem. It was just an observation. If you've already tried it and don't like it, that's alright! :)

Soaprman wrote:

00:48:338 (1,2): move 2's endpoint left a notch so that it's as far from 3 as 3 is from 4, and then move 1 closer to 2
At 00:48:338, there are only 3 beats in the combo, I do not see where the 4th one would come in.[/quote]

Oh, right, not 4, but the 1 in the next combo. Sorry about that!

Go ahead and change the offset to 3,055 in the other difficulties, too.

I also see that you forgot to "resnap all notes" after changing the offset. You'll want to do that... otherwise the offset change doesn't really do anything! Be sure you set 1/4 divisor before doing it, though, otherwise it'll mess some stuff up I think. Do this resnap in all difficulties.

After the resnap, it all feels fine to me. Keep up the good work!
kingcobra52
Actually, I got 3,068 for the offset. 3,055 seemed a bit early to me.

Easy

Fine

Normal

00:22:69 (3) - Add 1 more repeat.

Leeroy

Several things:

(Note: The difficulty wasn't snapped when I opened it in the editor, so due to resnapping, some fixes may not be necessary)

00:10:61 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - These aren't synced to the vocals. Slow it down to 50% or so to ensure that they are.
01:06:46 (1) - Add a beat here (stack w/ the red ones)
01:09:48 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Shift forward 1/4 beat. Distance snap 1 after it.
-Recalc the break after 01:16:65 (1). (delete and re-add it)

I'll also suggest these optional fixes:

00:27:21 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - Too cluttered, imo. :o
00:37:03 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5) - Double-check to make sure that these are synced to the vocals. (Slow the song down, like with the 1st fix above).
BluePaladin25
I'm not the best modder, but I feel there's a couple of problems with LEEEROY! difficulty.

00:36:922 (1-5): Circle 2 feels unnecessary. Maybe it's just me, but just having 1,nothing,3,4,5 seems to follow the beat better.

00:40:507 (1-6): Maybe add 1 more hitcircle at the end? There's another beat that I was expecting to hit, but there was nothing there.

Other than that (and the snapping thing Soaprman already pointed out), it feels fine! Don't see any problem with the other difficulties.

Love the song, and I can't wait to see this get ranked. Good work!
Topic Starter
Spudman
And then there were more changes!
Soaprman
I bothered to help mod this, so I might as well also bother to bump it. Wait, does bumping matter in this landscape of sort by stars?

edit: oh, "ignore star priority"... nice.
Topic Starter
Spudman