forum

So low ranks are trash??

posted
Total Posts

Should there be an option to be rankless?

Yes
19.23%
No
76.92%
Other (comment it)
3.85%
Total votes: 26
Polling ended
Topic Starter
owouwuowu
People who are low ranked are treated like absolute, utter shit.

In a multiplayer lobby, I was spammed by one dude and his friends for host. I said no, I didn't wanna give it to him.

'OwO is a 500k, he prob dont care about the community.'
'Lets go make a new lobby lol.'

They didn't do this to the original owner.

This is why we should have an option to be rankless. There'd be no rank - you're just playing to play. It would eliminate bullying, since they don't know how good you are.

Normies.
Jefar
...and why should you care what other people think? People who judge others based on rank are naive and stupid, yes but this whole idea is ridiculous.
learn to be tolerant of others, you wont get anywhere otherwise
Endaris
Let me give you the following information:
If it is not your own room you are playing in and you somehow get the host, you should assume that the room you are in follows the unspoken rule of host rotation. That means that you give the host to the next player after you picked 1 map and finished playing it.
Multiroom management is not osu!'s forte which means that in order for this to work out, everyone is required to collaborate. Unless certain requirements are met, even the room owner can't take the host back from you! If you get host in a room and just keep picking maps without passing on host, this can easily be considered uncollaborative or even rude if host rotation was going on for hours. People leaving together to make a separate room is an absolute legitimate thing to do if that was indeed the situation.

Furthermore the quotes you gave are not indicating in any way that you were treated like "absolute, utter shit". These people are not entitled to follow your lead and if they asked for host and you didn't give it to them you indeed "don't care about the community" in one or the other way. You didn't get insulted in any way from what I can see so your interpretation is arguably quite a bit off. Referring to your rank might be a bit unseemly but it's simply more likely for unexperienced players to not be acquainted with host rotation and should not be confused with actually bashing on newbies.

Last but not least a small trick that will "hide" your rank in multiplayer:
Other gamemodes, especially Catch the Beat and Taiko have rather lower player population which means that you can rank up to ~100k with very little time investment.
If you set your gamemode to another gamemode in your singleplayer song selection and join a multiplayer for standard mode, your rank from the other gamemode will be shown for others next to your name like this:

As you can see at the top and next to my name my CtB rank is displayed although the selected map is standard mode (cause it has the 1 in a circle as icon, not an apple). People will still be able to find out your real rank for the game mode by right clicking on your nickname but it's not immediately visible.
Juuuuuuuuul
Don't take the host in hostage ! :D

When you're the lobby's Creator, to get host back if someone don't rotate, type "!mp host username"

You can find all that you need to know about multiplayer and !mp commands on the Wiki.

Well, if you want a lobby with no rotation, just make your own.
Vuelo Eluko
it's not because you are low ranked but because you are clueless
host rotation is the standard tradition
abraker
Profiling people by rank gives judgment of how experienced the player might be with the game, which you justified by not understanding the tradition of host rotation in multiplayer lobbies
7ambda
everything is relative, so i am the trash for who is above, but i see the trash for who is below
Almost
Most low ranked players are actually trash. It's quite rare to find someone whose low ranked but actually decent at the game (and then those guys are only good at specific niche aspects that aren't well described by ranks).
[offline player
Will having an option to be rankless fix their rude behaviour ?
No(^-^), you should just laugh it off and stop caring about it 3 second later
Beside, if osu have an option to be rankles, those bastard will probably said that everybody in this room is a 7 digit and quit before you can say anything
Vuelo Eluko

[offline player wrote:

Will having an option to be rankless fix their rude behaviour ?
No(^-^), you should just laugh it off and stop caring about it 3 second later
Beside, if osu have an option to be rankles, those bastard will probably said that everybody in this room is a 7 digit and quit before you can say anything
wat
Juuuuuuuuul
Low skilled don't mean trash, trash don't mean low skilled.
As long as you're enjoying the game and are respectful to others, you're not trash.
The only trash people are the ones who need to call others trash to feel better.
worst fl player
can we rewind back to 2010 now
SunriseAbsence
People who treat anybody like shit are shit themselves. Why bother youself contacting with them.

I'm low ranked but I'm absouletely fine. I have decent amount of great friends from any rank range. I know game mechanic pretty well. I'm experienced in my small fields of the game. And I enjoy the game. What I advice you to do too.
Boku No Rainbow
Enough people have commented on the host thing.

I rarely see people legitimately bash ranks outside of teasing, and when I do it's usually a low ranked bashing on higher ranks for not being better in multi, or having to many farm maps in top play or something stupid.

Although the ability to hide rank in game from yourself without skinning would be nice for those who don't want to think about it.
Vuelo Eluko

Worst FL Player wrote:

can we rewind back to 2010 now
let's go back to 2013-2014
nothing but pika girl and shingeki no kyojin multiplayers
Edgar_Figaro
Tbh I see much more calling out of rank for high level players. Some pro player joins the lobby and everyone has to pester them with questions on how to get better.

I’d say most people are more patient with low level players making mistakes like failing to host rotate as they see it as being unknowledgeable rather than a jerk.
dung eater
Giving the host to a new player more often kills rooms. If you spek in the room or just say how many percent remaining you can establish yourself as someone who probably knows how multi works and doesn't go afk.
SunriseAbsence

placeholder wrote:

Giving the host to a new player more often kills rooms. If you spek in the room or just say how many percent remaining you can establish yourself as someone who probably knows how multi works and doesn't go afk.

Agree 100%.