forum

What bpm can you stream?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
the ball man
What's the bpm you're most comfortable for streams?
Asking because I can't stream more than 130bpm and I wanna see if i'm the only one that can't do it properly even after practicing everyday for 7 months
Juuuuuuuuul
When in a good day, 150 for long ones, 160 for short ones, anything faster i'm too slow (it still allow me to do very-short/bursts with minimal 100s/50s).
When in a bad day (tired, not in mood or whatever) 0 bpm, i just can't stream at all.
LelikLGS
200bpm for long streams, 220 for a 5-9 notes or bursts :/
-Mehmet
i can do like 130 bpm for long and like 120-125 for short ones
abraker
280 for short on a good day, 160-180ish for long
xenal

ItzJustAlex wrote:

I wanna see if i'm the only one that can't do it properly even after practicing everyday for 7 months

If you've been actively practicing streaming for 7 months and can't go above 130, look to change of tactics and/or figure out what is prevent you from reaching faster (position, playstyle, hardware, cat sitting on your arm, etc.)

And as for my bpm ranges :
6-note burst 315bpm, 16-notes burst 270bpm-300bpm, long streams 240ish bpm, deathstreams 200ish bpm
UnnamedBeast
up to 260 10-15 note streams, 210 up to 100 notes, 200 for 400 notes
Vuelo Eluko
340 bpm for deathstreams, 420 bpm bursts (100-200 notes), 69420 bpm for triples.
Momori
180-195ish
Almost
You've obviously been practicing the wrong way for the past 7 months...
Endaris

Almost wrote:

That's what you'd think but after all this time I still can't deathstream 130bpm.
But maybe all my advice on improvement has always been trash.
Almost

Endaris wrote:

Almost wrote:

That's what you'd think but after all this time I still can't deathstream 130bpm.
But maybe all my advice on improvement has always been trash.

You've definitely been doing it wrong this whole time haha. In all honesty, if you have nothing wrong with your fingers then there isn't any reason you shouldn't be able to stream at least above 200 bpm with the right and enough practice (even 200 is quite 'low').

Think about what type of maps you normally play and whether or not you're actually challenging yourself physically. It's not just about finding maps just outside of your comfort zone in terms of overall skill, you have to be playing maps just outside of comfort zone in terms of speed if you want to stream faster. Just to drill the point in further, expecting to stream faster just because you're playing a lot of hours playing things that you find comfortable is like expecting to be able to run a full marathon because you spend hours a day walking.
i0880
about 5 sometimes 6
Vuelo Eluko
Streaming 200 bpm like with high accuracy isn't too hard
deathstreaming (100 or more notes) is a whole different ball game for any bpm
a lot of things come into play that don't in normal streams, like ability to keep that rhythm consistently and on time for an extended period, keeping your internal metronome steady, stamina, being able to correct your streaming when you start to get 100's, flow aim since deathstreams almost always have to curve around the playfield, etc.
i can handle up to like 175

For normal length streams, the most important thing is starting the first note at the right time. The rest of those things play less of a role.
Almost

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

a lot of things come into play that don't in normal streams, like ability to keep that rhythm consistently and on time for an extended period, keeping your internal metronome steady, stamina, being able to correct your streaming when you start to get 100's, flow aim since deathstreams almost always have to curve around the playfield, etc.

For normal length streams, the most important thing is starting the first note at the right time. The rest of those things play less of a role.

A bit off-topic but I'm just going to point out that 'flow aim' is a non-factor for being able to stream something. I can guarantee you that if you screw up a stream it's either going to be because you screwed up the tapping or your reading. I don't believe 'flow aim' even is anything at all really. Everything else you said I agree with.
Vuelo Eluko

Almost wrote:

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

A bit off-topic but I'm just going to point out that 'flow aim' is a non-factor for being able to stream something. I can guarantee you that if you screw up a stream it's either going to be because you screwed up the tapping or your reading. I don't believe 'flow aim' even is anything at all really. Everything else you said I agree with.
This is a pretty clueless post, by this logic fcing this is just as hard if not harder than fcing 4d because it has even longer 222bpm streams, right?

Aim matters a whole lot when it comes to streams, the amount it matters varies with spacing. On a map like this sure it's basically all coming down to taps, but most death streams are at least half a circle apart if not more and some also vary in length constantly.

Or are you going to tell me this map is as easy as any other 170 bpm stream map? https://files.catbox.moe/1tuu52.osz
Juuuuuuuuul

Almost wrote:

Sure it's well know that spaced stuff are exactly as hard to aim as stacked stuff.
Everyone know that aiming in a flow motion at the exact correct speed to make your cursor hovering the circles at the correct time is firetrucking easy.
Almost

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

Almost wrote:

This is a pretty clueless post, by this logic fcing this is just as hard if not harder than fcing 4d because it has even longer 222bpm streams, right?

Aim matters a whole lot when it comes to streams, the amount it matters varies with spacing. On a map like this sure it's basically all coming down to taps, but most death streams are at least half a circle apart if not more and some also vary in length constantly.

Or are you going to tell me this map is as easy as any other 170 bpm stream map? https://files.catbox.moe/1tuu52.osz

I think you're misconstruing and/or not understanding my point here. I have not commented at all about the tapping part of streaming, only the aiming. So comparing the video you linked to 4D is a stupid point as it's not even what I'm arguing. As an aside, both have aspects that are more difficult than the other - 4D in terms of the difficulty in reading and that video in the difficulty in stamina.

People seem to mistake the reading difficulty in streaming with some sort of aiming difficulty. What makes a stream more difficult to read is the object density, the AR, the spacing and the way the stream is mapped (straight, curly, zig zag, etc). Aiming in streaming is not very difficult, most streams are not spaced very far apart and aim only has to do with getting your cursor from point A to point B accurately. Obviously, this gets more difficult when streams have large gaps in between each circle and then aim becomes more difficult (but so too does the reading of the stream). Even if the spacing is varied within a stream, that can be corrected just based on reading the stream better.

I feel like the reason people mistake the reading and aiming difficulties in streams is based on the way most people read them. If you just look at the stream as a whole and then move your cursor along trying to trace the stream, you're essentially just guessing and you're going to have a whole lot of consistency issues. If you look at the next circle within the stream you need to click on, then none of those spacing issues really matter because you're going to be moving your cursor to where it's needed. Streaming properly isn't about trying to match the speed of your cursor to the stream.

I can't comment on that map you linked as the link doesn't work.
Vuelo Eluko
Aim is more than just swinging your cursor around at individual circles, and is closely tied to aiming. When you say a stream is harder because of 'reading' i see that as 'flow aim'.

and AR isn't that big of a factor when you can read them all, there's a reason stream maps become much harder with hdhr despite higher ar meaning they should be "easier to read"
Juuuuuuuuul
Knowing what you have to do (reading well) don't make you able to magically success at it (aiming correctly).

Of course you can't aim properly something if you're not reading it well,
but saying that if i don't hit the the target's center easily with a dart, is because i don't know how to trow a dart, is wrong.
Mouse (or pen) control (snap-aim, flow-aim) is a thing, you can't blame reading for every mistakes.

If you see people like doom or wolf missing a circle from a few pixels then notelocking and missing several circles in the spaced stream, you'll say to them "you have reading issues" ?
show more