forum

circles in between two sliders and visa versa

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ASHIQUL
how to do these things?
the big question is....can these be single tapped?
cause i really like pressing z cause its easy
or do i have to change my fingers in that split second?
xenal
Lack context, "between" is too generic. So I'm going to list possible options (I guess only thoses 4?)

If circle is 1/2 between both, it's basically a jump, so singletap
If circle is 1/4 after slider but 1/2 before the next one, would depend on bpm and how hard to finger control the map is
If circle is 1/2 after slider but 1/4 before the next one, it's a double, alt the double starting with strong finger
If circle is 1/4 between both, it's basically a triple so alt
Rikii
It would also depend on the bpm imo.

If you feel you can't singletap it yet then alt and vice versa.
Topic Starter
ASHIQUL

xenal wrote:

Lack context, "between" is too generic. So I'm going to list possible options (I guess only thoses 4?)

If circle is 1/2 between both, it's basically a jump, so singletap
If circle is 1/4 after slider but 1/2 before the next one, would depend on bpm and how hard to finger control the map is
If circle is 1/2 after slider but 1/4 before the next one, it's a double, alt the double starting with strong finger
If circle is 1/4 between both, it's basically a triple so alt

im not that big on 1/2,1/4
can you plz explain so a simple person would understand
Endaris
If you open a map in the editor you'll see a timeline like this:

The ticks you can see there are relative to the bpm.
1/1 is the time from the first white tick to the next white tick and is generally perceived as the beat and how you would clap to the song by listening to it.
1/2 is white to red but also blue to blue or red to white,
1/4 is white to blue, blue to red, red to blue and blue to white, etc.
Each color divides the beat in smaller segments, but only the biggest divisor is displayed. You can think of the ticks implicitly being like this:

Generally you can use this terminology to describe patterns to other people without having to show them the song in question by saying things like "There's a big pattern with 1/2 jumps" or "Not clicking early in the part with the 3/4 spacing between notes is hard for me".
Note that in almost all cases of talk about streams, it is implicitly assumed that a "160bpm stream" addresses a stream of notes spaced 1/4 apart from each other.
Topic Starter
ASHIQUL

Endaris wrote:

If you open a map in the editor you'll see a timeline like this:

The ticks you can see there are relative to the bpm.
1/1 is the time from the first white tick to the next white tick and is generally perceived as the beat and how you would clap to the song by listening to it.
1/2 is white to red but also blue to blue or red to white,
1/4 is white to blue, blue to red, red to blue and blue to white, etc.
Each color divides the beat in smaller segments, but only the biggest divisor is displayed. You can think of the ticks implicitly being like this:

Generally you can use this terminology to describe patterns to other people without having to show them the song in question by saying things like "There's a big pattern with 1/2 jumps" or "Not clicking early in the part with the 3/4 spacing between notes is hard for me".
Note that in almost all cases of talk about streams, it is implicitly assumed that a "160bpm stream" addresses a stream of notes spaced 1/4 apart from each other.

thanks a lot for the explanation!
but what did you mean by 3/4😅
lewski
3/4, in this case, means a gap that's the length of three 1/4 gaps. Timeline for visualisation: