forum

Very weird and sudden skill loss

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dnail
Hello, over the fast 3 days I have lost over 4 months of my progress on mania. It took me a year to get to 7th dan, but now I cannot play 6th and get a 95.00%. I'm not sure how this happened so quickly. I was with family for 2 days. and ever since I came back I just can't play songs I used to be able to FC with no problems. I'm not sure what happened, or if this has happened to anyone else before, but I've since then been playing all day and still can't play simple things I could play before. I've had slumps like this before, but not ever were they this bad, and never did I lose almost 2 dan ranks in 2 days. Ive gone 2-3 days without playing before but when I came back to the game back then I would have no problem playing anything I had played before I left. I'm extremely demotivated to play and really feel like quitting. If anyone has experienced this before or has any tips or suggestions please put them here.
Thanks, Dnail
Ska
bruh, thats normal, 3 days without playing wont vanish ur skill, muscle memory takes a lot longer than that to fade, u just need to warm up and stop worrying so much and calculating your skill in "dans", it happens from time to time and its normal, it literally happened to me the past 2 days i could barely play, u just gotta remain positive and know its normal, the more you stress out and demotivated you are the worse youll play, try to control yourself a bit ite, keep your cool
Tachyon
normal
Topic Starter
Dnail

[Ska] wrote:

bruh, thats normal, 3 days without playing wont vanish ur skill, muscle memory takes a lot longer than that to fade, u just need to warm up and stop worrying so much and calculating your skill in "dans", it happens from time to time and its normal, it literally happened to me the past 2 days i could barely play, u just gotta remain positive and know its normal, the more you stress out and demotivated you are the worse youll play, try to control yourself a bit ite, keep your cool

it's just that this time it was a lot bigger of a skill drop and i didn't know if I was good or not.
Thanks for your help, ill try to be a lot more calm about it. :)
blizzo
Odd, you are the 2nd person I've seen complaining about this in the last week. Same thing happened to me. Took a 2 day break and I can play as good and I cant seem to "un-rust" myself.
Ska

blizzo wrote:

Odd, you are the 2nd person I've seen complaining about this in the last week. Same thing happened to me. Took a 2 day break and I can play as good and I cant seem to "un-rust" myself.

it can take a few days to unrust from a break, stressing just for not unrusting immediately after coming back is bad, youve to understand its normal and know it can take some days, just have some patience and dont let it get to you, best and easiest way to unrust the fastest is being positive and keep playing even if youre not at your best to get back on track
Yyorshire
oh nnoo i cant dersust in a day a hh h h h h h

ive been derusting for like a month now you dont see me complaining, you wont always be at your peak, see every thread about this sort of topic from other people
smollilnub
happened to me too. Went to holiday and suddenly sucked. But it didn’t really affect me since I got back up really fast
yetii
Bruh I had to derust over a year to get luminal Dan a few days is nothing
abraker
it's been 6 months and I am still derusting
Bobbias
It's been... 2.5 years? shit, i dont even know any more. I am forever rusty :<
abraker
NightNarumi
Being frustrated about it won't help you derust.