posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cy8er_jp
A few weeks ago. I managed to get a score better
But not long ago, whenever I played osu, I felt my skills were getting worse
I was trying to pass the Gigantic O.T.N(SCV's Insane) but
I couldn't even get pass the first part of the map
I usually got a 'B' in Gigantic O.T.N(SCV's Insane)
Other maps were also difficult to pass
and I played more than usual and 200 times more than last month But nothing has changed
My skills keep getting worse and I wanted to quit everything
I thought this was just a matter of condition But after a day or two, my condition didn't change
and I also thought my tablet(veikk s640) was too soft
I use a common mechanical keyboard

And I played Gigantic O.T.N(SCV's Insane) a few more times before, and I expected it, but of course I failed

I've cried a few times by myself

I don't know what's going on with me
For your information, it's been less than two months since I bought this tablet

I use a translator so you may not understand it, but if you understand, can you tell me what's going on me and what I should do?

https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/80214#osu/225301 beatmap
Vuelo Eluko
Mental block is strong, go play other stuff for awhile and let your brain reset on this map. I have been here before. You are relying more on memory than reading, it's natural when you play a map too often.

Hell, try even just changing your skin or resolution or something, anything to change your reading even a little can help with this kind of thing.
Kyomaku
Play easier maps and work on accuracy and consistency. Improvement follows naturally but takes time. I can see that all your top scores are really low accuracy, you are likely playing maps that are way too hard and built up bad habits. A very common mistake.

Good luck.

Edit: You should always aim for at least 98%+ acc, below 95% acc is bad.
Topic Starter
cy8er_jp
Thank you both! I thought I was too focused on accuracy and scores
Matizu
This basically happens to me every other day. When it does just stop playing and come back the next day. If you are addicted like me you can just play easier maps.
Yukanya
I had a couple days like this last week. Was incredibly demotivating and confused me, but I think I was just having a bad time. The way I got back to my usual (still not good) playing, was by getting a few new skins as a change of scenery. I think I was just using muscle memory rather than reading, so the change of skin made me play differently.

Try getting some new maps too. There's also a good chance that you're playing above your difficulty. I think 1.5* is the highest you should go above a difficulty; e.g. 95% acc on a 3.5*, so you shouldn't play anything above 5* as you'll start to develop some bad habits.

Good luck!
Topic Starter
cy8er_jp
Thanks