forum

Follow-up to TWEWY teased

posted
Total Posts
show more
Azure_Kite
BGstuff
To grab the pics, just follow http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/i ... _3days.jpg , changing the 3 before days to whichever number. It seems they're adding the BG's individually every day, I guess to prevent spoilers?

I'd check to see if the BGM is changed, but from playing with URLs I haven't been able to find their location (they are being played through a .swf file)
Haneii

JInxyjem wrote:

Calling is back today, on 23 August. The page is getting clearer too...

EDIT: Wait, are they adding on the the music instead of a new one every day, or is it just me?
When I first saw the page a couple days ago it sounded like a mix of calling and twister to me. Right now (Aug 23rd) it's even more pronounced with added vocals from calling.

3 more days. I don't know what it is but I'm still excited >w<. If it is a new game I hope it's released everywhere within the year *is still waiting for ffversus13*>.>
Jinxy
http://soundcloud.com/vgtribune/sets/subaseka-sample/

Yeah, they're definitely adding on to the music.
Azure_Kite
Oh hey. Why do something that's already done!
Zerostarry
The teaser site is giving me chills. I cannot wait..
HakuNoKaemi

EDIT: and the BG is
Azure_Kite
I think most people know it's actually the 104 building. If not, you aren't a true TWEWY fan.
Yuugo
The final versions of the BG and song are finally accessible through site resources.

Don't want to spoil yourself? Don't click the box..

Azure_Kite
That is awesome.

YEAH! CO-CO-COME ON!
Topic Starter
Ekaru
I am now looking for my TWEWY cartridge so I can play through it again. Of course, I've found the case and manual. But, the cartridge itself is who-knows-where, and ripping apart my room in search of it doesn't seem to be helping me much. I might resort to illegal methods, but I hope I don't have to do that.

That said, even if it's not a new game, as long as it's not a smartphone port* or something ridiculous like that I'm satisfied. I'm really hoping it's a new game, but as someone who likes Digimon games I'm used to disappointment.

*The reason a smartphone port would be horrid would be because TWEWY's gameplay kind of requires buttons.
Azure_Kite
A big teaser site just for a mobile port? I'd rage, lol.

Although I wonder if it were a sequel, whether they'd keep the sprite visual style or use 3d models... Am I the only one who wants the sprites?
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Azure_Kite wrote:

A big teaser site just for a mobile port? I'd rage, lol.
You'd be surprised at the stupid shit certain companies make teaser sites for. ;P This one looks like it had effort put into it, though, so that gets my hopes up.
HakuNoKaemi
BGM link should be like
"www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/images/URZEA/sound_2days"
though it doesn't work.... ( read the HTML Source )

Font that not all pc have that were in the css
Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro(aka ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3)
Osaka,
MS P Gothic aka MS Pゴシック (man, this cost really much O.O, but anyway, Windows PCs arleady have it)
Jinxy
Funny how they chose to split 6-3 and 2-0 and allowing leaks, instead of making every day have a different 5-letter part
Dieathan
An iOS port? What a waste of people's hype.

I just wonder how they'll even port it despite the game being made specifically for DS.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
See? Turns out that my thread title was a fitting choice after all. ~ So, we're at least getting a new Arranged album and some iOS release. However....

https://twitter.com/brilingual/status/2 ... 2570651648
Before everyone decides the #twewy countdown is over, they might want to wait for the countdown to be over. #moredripthanleak
This was the guy who translated the original TWEWY BTW. Though, it does make sense; why would SE go through all this effort of making an arranged album and an iOS release if they had no plans to make a real sequel and continue the series?

But as I've been trying to say, guys, don't get your hopes up too much. As I said from the beginning, this is SE we're talking about. inb4 they announce that they're permanently moving the series to iOS

EDIT: As for how they'll port it? Why, they'll remove weeks 2, 3, and the entire post game, they'll absolutely destroy the gameplay, and they'll make sure to do everything they can to strip out the soul of the original. ^_^
Azure_Kite
Ouch. Well, there is always the possibility that there's more to the countdown. SquEnix has fucked us over enough regarding TWEWY, but I still have hope... We'll survive the game of theirs.
HakuNoKaemi
+ Twister rap in the BGM
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Azure_Kite wrote:

Ouch. Well, there is always the possibility that there's more to the countdown. SquEnix has fucked us over enough regarding TWEWY, but I still have hope... We'll survive the game of theirs.
The only franchise where SE really get things right consistently is the spin-off series Dragon Quest Monsters. Well, the time it took us to get Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 was absolutely horrid to the point where an enhanced version of the game came out in Japan before we got the original version, but that's about it so far and that incident can be attributed to the shift of publishing rights from SE to Nintendo messing with things.

For every other franchise, expect SE to troll. *Always* expect SE to troll. *ALWAYS*.
Azure_Kite
A little over an hour until the big announcement.

Also, http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/i ... _0days.mp3
Zeverage
10 minutes remaining! 0_0
Azure_Kite

And the website broke, even after refreshing........ :<

Zeverage
GUHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY THEY GOTTA DO THIS
Azure_Kite
Nobody's at SquEnix's HQ to upload the actual announcement.
Jinxy
It says here on my browser there's still 2 more hours, basically midnight at GMT +8.
Zeverage
It must be set to your computer clock time
Jinxy
A countdown is completely redundant if it's affected by timezones. What the hell SE
Azure_Kite
hmm... It totally is, too. Tested it by changing the date to yesterday. Darn, I feel like an idiot. The announcement's either Next hour or the hour after that.
Zeverage
Now i'ma act all excited when this broken timer hits.......when my computer clock hits 1am :D
Azure_Kite
Yeah, that.

EDIT: REALLY ONLY 10 MINUTES TO GO.
HakuNoKaemi
Zeverage
soo....not this hour? xD
Azure_Kite
That lovely computer based countdown.

Apparently not. NEXT TIME. NEXT TIME. Japan is GMT+9, so.... it should be midnight there now.... ;._.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-z ... n/time.htm
HakuNoKaemi

Zeverage wrote:

It must be set to your computer clock time
    $(document).ready(function() {

var sc_date = new Date();
var sc_d = Math.floor((sc_end-sc_date)/(24*60*60*1000));
if(sc_d < 3){
mediaPath = "URZEA";
}
if(sc_d < 0){
sc_d = 0;
}

pathbgm = 'images/' + mediaPath + '/bgm_' + sc_d+'days.gif';
mainbg = 'images/' + mediaPath + '/main_bg_' + sc_d+'days.jpg';
soundFile = 'images/' + mediaPath + '/sound_' + sc_d+'days';

$('#content').css('background-image', 'url('+mainbg+')');
$('#bgm_on a').css('background-image', 'url('+pathbgm+')');
$('#bgm_off a').css('background-image', 'url('+pathbgm+')');

player = new Player('#jplayer',false,soundFile);
setInterval(ticker,100);
ticker();

});

Easy Javascript XD
Zeverage
ITS DOING SOMETHING
Rantai
iOS lol.

Too bad I can't read the other one.
Zeverage
So it turns out them hackers were right....WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE RIGHT ;A:
HakuNoKaemi
It's cool yep, though I done have iPhone... why it couldn't have been Vita? or even some of the newer Android...
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Guys, guys, look at the amazing Like/Dislike ratio the trailer has! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osRNt8ai9FM

Square Enix's fresh-faced hit The New York Times called "one of the best role playing games ever designed for anything" has busted onto iOS in a big way, with a slick and addictive new combat system, eye-popping HD art, and (of course) plenty of zetta awesome reasons for longtime fans to double dip.

Arm yourself with psychic superpowers and battle your way through a 7-day gauntlet of action: the Reaper's Game.
Oh, and so you can see the new, "amazing" one-screen gameplay for yourself: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subarashik ... x/new.html

Also, it's out now in Japan. So at least they don't have to wait for this. And did they really just tell us to double dip? You take away the dual-screen aspect of the whole thing and then tell us to double tip?

Though to be fair, those new graphics are pretty.

EDIT: Oh, there's an English site, guys! http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subarashik ... n/new.html
Mashley
Eh, I was kind of interested in this until I heard the price. You can't sell to phones at that price, I'm not saying it isn't worth it but mobile users are used to much lower pricing.
show more