forum

[resolved] Wrong map previews compared to actual map background

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mudflap
Problem details: About 40% of my maps are the wrong preview images compared to actual map backgrounds, it screws up ranked statuses too. (EX: Says unranked maps are actually ranked, etc.) I've tried moving the old osu.db and the problem still didn't fix after the whole reprocessing. I'm out of ideas now.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://ibb.co/r2rS51n

osu! version: Stable 20190816 (latest)
Death
Did you have the game closed when you removed that db file and did your maps automatically reprocess after you did that, or did you force them to reprocess with F5?

That's pretty much the only solution to this issue. I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention something different.
Topic Starter
Mudflap
I did have it closed when I deleted it and it did automatically reprocess, I'm at a loss honestly.
Death
I'm assuming deleting and redownloading the broken maps fixes them?
Topic Starter
Mudflap
I'll try that, trying to go to the map link ingame actually sends me to the wrong previewed map instead of the actual map. Gimmie a second.

EDIT: Yep that fixed it for that one map, still I'm obviously not gonna do that for 500+ maps haha.
Death
If you just re-import a map that's having issues without actually deleting it, does that work?
Topic Starter
Mudflap
Yeah that fixes it as well. I suppose I'll attempt to re-process my osu.db again. Who knows.

EDIT: Doing it again and also pressing f5 seems to have fixed the majority of them, there are still some remaining but not nearly as many.
BAKKALO
you have to delete osu.db
make sure to get a copy of collection.db and scores.db if you don't wanna lose them for ever lol
Death
Are there few enough maps at this point that you can just fix them manually?

BAKKALO wrote:

you have to delete osu.db
make sure to get a copy of collection.db and scores.db if you don't wanna lose them for ever lol
They did that twice already according to their posts. Also nothing should happen to those other db files when you remove osu!.db. It's good to have a backup of collections though I suppose. scores.db can be recreated by the game manually, so that one isn't as necessary.
phfish
u sure they're wrong? try looking at the other difficulties of the same map. sometimes the different difficulties have different background images, but the previews of the map stay the same

eg.

Topic Starter
Mudflap
Yes there were few enough that it's not nearly as big of a problem as it was. So it's solved for now thanks~

RespecWamen wrote:

u sure they're wrong? try looking at the other difficulties of the same map. sometimes the different difficulties have different background images, but the previews of the map stay the same

eg.

Yeah I know some maps do that and I did make sure that wasn't the case, if the preview was different, odds are it sent me to the incorrect map as well when I tried going to the map link from in-game.