forum

Approach rate: 10

posted
Total Posts
show more
Aqo

Tom94 wrote:

Or maybe going just a bit further after already being at your limit is pretty hard?
This.

Take into account again that the human reaction time is approx. 250ms. So the difference from 300 to 320 isn't just a 6% difference, it's actually the difference between having 50ms and 70ms of time to think about your action before you execute it (once your brain processed the visual information onscreen) which is 40% difference of difficulty.
Hanyuu-chan
It took a lot longer than 1 hour to be able to read this AR. I've played at least 100 hours of multi with hr+dt.
kriers
Damnit I hate AR10 so much. It was mad fun at first, but it was also the main reason I was stuck being a scrub player most of 2011.
thelewa

Aqo wrote:

Tom94 wrote:

Or maybe going just a bit further after already being at your limit is pretty hard?
This.

Take into account again that the human reaction time is approx. 250ms. So the difference from 300 to 320 isn't just a 6% difference, it's actually the difference between having 50ms and 70ms of time to think about your action before you execute it (once your brain processed the visual information onscreen) which is 40% difference of difficulty.
you must be talking about superhumans because I still can't believe that anyone could react that fast
Kanye West
Cocaine is one helluva drug.
thelewa
Red Balls. It's cocaine in a can, baby!
Aqo

thelewa wrote:

you must be talking about superhumans because I still can't believe that anyone could react that fast
You've clearly never watched Japanese or Korean players playing fighting games. Or worse, played against them. That feeling of "this guy reads my every move" is really something that cannot be explained in words...
thelewa
I've never even seen an Asian person in real life
Wishy

Ouariasse wrote:

Ok after some experimenting..
I feel like ar10+dt is way way harder than ar7+hr+dt even though the difference should be only 20ms.
I think that table is wrong or maybe its the circle size making it easier.
Bigger circles make AR look slower for me, I automatically got better at AR 11 when I increased my osu! resolution from 1280x800 to 1680x1050.

And yeah while playing fighting games you realize how fast someone can react, on games like Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 you got some stuff you gotta react to in possibly 300ms, and every pro can almost perfectly react to that (you get a colored flash, depending on the color you gotta do some specific command), it's really impressive.
Wishy

thelewa wrote:

I've never even seen an Asian person in real life
That's why you can't stream 900 BPM/read AR 500.
G0r
I hate to bring this back to the science side of things, but it just occurred to me that I am surprised that everyone is bringing up the time that it takes the brain/mind to process visual information, but no one has made mention of the fact that your brain/mind is only going to have that handicap on your first exposure to a certain stimuli, such as a map or AR. After you've had exposure your brain/mind starts filling things in based on what it has already learned. Why do you sometimes think you see something that turns out to not actually be there? It is because your brain/mind fills in what it expects to be there. It will also begin to react before it would get certain information based on these expectations; this is why we sometimes experience split second movements before we even notice we are required to move, or before we can catch ourselves and halt them.

What it all comes down to is that it doesn't matter what your average visual information interpretation speed is, you will be able to surpass it by extrapolating from past learned information. The limits are nearly boundless when you have enough time and exposure.
thelewa
and that is exactly why I'm able to play AR9+HR even though I can't read AR10
Wishy
And that is exactly why I'm able to stream 180 DT BPM even though I can't stream 270 BPM.
silmarilen
and that is exactly why i cant do any of that
Wishy
I had some asian friends when I was young guess that helped me out.
Liut
But ... all the best players we have now are mostly Europeans :|
Mythras

Liutprando wrote:

But ... all the best players we have now are mostly Europeans :|
majority still way asian lol, you must just ignore all the amazing chinese/japanese/taiwanese/korean players.
thelewa
Well actually most of the BEST players are European/ or from some other insignificant country that isn't in Europe that also isn't in Asia
Wishy
Cookiezi is still unsurpassed, Rucker probably has the best accuracy on HR HD, and when mnto made a new account he got #1 on FREEDOM DiVE by far (on both diffs) and he pretty much beat White Wolf on Atama no Taisou (Nogard diff on HR). Then you got players like rrtyui, val0108 and TTTL. Only three super top players from Europe (that I know of, I'm not really active) are Niko-, Tom94 and White Wolf, I don't think the rest can even be compared with the best players from Asia. I mean, overall, you can get players like CXu who clearly has a top tier aim, he may even be better than Tom94 for example, but he can't do some other stuff. :x

And if you lower the tier a little you'll find LOTS of random asian players that are just monsters. It's weird but there are really a lot of unknown asian players that are way above the average.
threenash
wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao wobeinimacao
ziin

thelewa wrote:

Uh, what?
Liut
Wishy , moneto was cheating o_O and you can't absolutly compare players like niko and white wolf to players like val0108 and TTTL , maybe you can compare them with Cookiezi ( who is not playing anymore) Rucker ( who can be easily be replaced with Keigoclear in this times when it comes with hrhd stuff) and Silvia ( who is not that active anymore).
So please , let's just face the reality , Russia > everyone.
ALL HAIL RUSSIA
Kanye West

silmarilen wrote:

and that is exactly why i cant do any of that
i know that feel bro :<
thelewa

ziin wrote:

thelewa wrote:

Uh, what?
I know the map beforehand

I just flip it in my mind

bam I can play the map because I'm expecting the notes to appear at the correct places
Sync

Wishy22 wrote:

. I mean, overall, you can get players like CXu who clearly has a top tier aim, he may even be better than Tom94 for example, but he can't do some other stuff. :x
lol, why use CXu as an example

he's asian
threenash
The first european uber pro who comes immediately to my mind is fartownik. Sure he isn't as good as WW or Niko- but his skill is really impressive imo. As well for thelewa, Tom94, and Dustice, who I recently saw some of his impressive replays.
Tom69_old
If you ask me it's pretty even in the 2nd tier. (Cookiezi being forever alone in the top tier.)

I am counting only people who are extremely accurate (OD10 97%+), very fast (220+ streams, 270+ singles), and can jump (big black nomod ranks, other crazy jump maps). People who lack one of those skills disqualify for my definition of the 2nd tier:
(No specific order, I might have forgotten someone)

Asia:
  1. Rucker
  2. wobeinimacao
  3. Dungeon
  4. rrtyui
  5. Torein 13rd
Europe:
  1. Niko-
  2. White Wolf
  3. Tom94
  4. Chewin
Conclusion: Asia is in the majority. The 2nd tier isn't completely dominated by Asians though.
It is true that the 3rd tier is dominated by Asians.
Wishy
Remilia-Scarlet, Reisen Udongein, Flute, you can find lots of asian players who don't really play anymore but are still close to that tier IMO. R-S almost SS Mad Machine, Reisen did maps like Freestyler on DT and Recommended Spell HR HD, Flute was and probably would be if he continued playing one of the best HR/DT players ever. Those are 3 examples, if you look around you will find a few more. Thing is they don't play that much. :/

Still I think that tier is clearly dominated by Niko-. :p
Wishy

Liutprando wrote:

Wishy , moneto was cheating o_O and you can't absolutly compare players like niko and white wolf to players like val0108 and TTTL , maybe you can compare them with Cookiezi ( who is not playing anymore) Rucker ( who can be easily be replaced with Keigoclear in this times when it comes with hrhd stuff) and Silvia ( who is not that active anymore).
So please , let's just face the reality , Russia > everyone.
ALL HAIL RUSSIA
I was spectating him for a long time (I mean that new account mnto created), he wasn't cheating... he was just being a pro. I was even discussing with many people since we thought he was Cookiezi at first (dat perfect snapping), but then he told me himself he was moneto... and like it or not, cheaters are easy to spot, this guy IMO was not doing anything weird. Just playing insane stuff and getting great results after a few runs.

And, why can't I compare them? val0108 streaming endurance is way above White Wolf's, and probably on the same tier as Niko-'s, his jumping skills are amazing too (he almost FC'd Airman back then when he was practicing it), and he got some ridiculously fast DTs (up to 420 BPM). Then you got TTTL, who can sight-read AR 11 like it's nothing, and his streaming speed/endurance is, again, top tier.
silmarilen
lesjuh forever best EU player
MillhioreF
people assume that cheaters always cheated... most of moneto's scores were legit, I'm fairly sure, but just a single cheated score and it's permaban... it's easy to forget that ><
Emaal

silmarilen wrote:

lesjuh forever best EU player
honest to god, he really is one of the best, just too lazy to play
Liut
He admitted to have been cheating for 3 weeks leading to his ban so yeah, those freedom dive and atama no taisou record were most likely cheated.
I can't link on this forum for obvious reason where he said that he cheated but if you want just ask via pm

derppp just realized you were talking about the multi he made after the ban of moneto... well nvm then, still i higly doubt he could do something like this
JesusYamato
http://puu.sh/ZrUK
max ar, come at me.
Wishy

Liutprando wrote:

He admitted to have been cheating for 3 weeks leading to his ban so yeah, those freedom dive and atama no taisou record were most likely cheated.
I can't link on this forum for obvious reason where he said that he cheated but if you want just ask via pm

derppp just realized you were talking about the multi he made after the ban of moneto... well nvm then, still i higly doubt he could do something like this
It's obvious when you cheat, not that obvious when you cheat flashlight, but on no-mod pro plays you can't really cheat, the best you can do is... well I'm not gonna say it but you can't do stuff no one has ever done with it.

There are MANY awesome korean players almost no one knows about, for instance when KRZY stopped playing standard, he sometimes casually played and he was, indeed, an amazing player.
JesusYamato
After 2 weeks i did it!
KRZY
Yeah so uh

mnto was banned because he cheated using FL. All his 'pro' records are legit.
FrzR
well for me either AR is around 8 or 10. My recommendations is always to follow the beat. ^^
Jordan

KRZY wrote:

Yeah so uh

mnto was banned because he cheated using FL. All his 'pro' records are legit.
So his freedom dive score with gazelle was legit?
lolcubes
No discussion about cheaters or cheating in a public place please. Also this necro is pointless.